This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivomove style notifications iphone

I have my vivomove style connected to iphone 11. I want all features of connectivity apart from notifications from social media and mail. I would like to keep call and text notifications but if not possible all turned off. I do not want to turn on the night feature all day because then all other alerts get snoozed too and i want those.

i googled everywhere but only found answers for android users. 
while it should be feasible for iphone user to. I found somewhere to check with the ios settings in the app but that was an old answer and i didnt find this setting in the new app.

thanks for your urgent help, getting really frustrated by my purchase

• I have an Android phone, so I am not sure you would have the same options. Give a try to this:

- From the main page of the Garmin Connect app tap on the icon of the watch 

- Tap on Alerts -> Phone Notifications 

- On the page you will see "Show", which appears twice in "During an activity " and "Not during an activity".

- Tap on "show" and you should see three options:

All Notifications

Calls only 

Calls and Texts

I suppose the last is the one you want

In addition to this, if you go to "Settings" from the main menu on the main page (in Android you tap on the three-bar icon on the top left of the page) and then Notifications -> App Notifications you can select one by one which app you want to be able to send notifications to the watch.

• HI there! Here is how to customize each app that is listed in the iPhone settings under apps. If the apps are not there they can not be customized. If you have iOS 12, the following steps will work: 

1. From the iPhone select Settings

2. Select Notifications

3. Under NOTIFICATION STYLE select the app you want to turn on or off

4. Under ALERTS choose one of the following options:

• Notification Center checked: Garmin device will display notification for selected app
      • Notification Center unchecked: Garmin device will not display notification for selected app.  This will also result in notifications no longer appearing in the phone's notification center. 

If you have iOS 13 the following steps for each app will need to be completed. 

Please open the iPhone settings, (this is an example, so if you have WhatsApp, do the same steps under WhatsApp)

• Hit the back arrow, go to notifications then MESSAGES
      • The middle notification center needs to be enabled and show previews needs to be set to ALWAYS
    Apple's focus on privacy, limits our ability to access notifications, so, without these settings enabled, your watch will not be able to display your iPhone notifications. For more info, you can view our support article My Garmin Device Is Not Receiving Smart Notifications from My Phone or contact Product Support. 
  • Thank you this worked!!