This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch wakes up after every shake or vibration

Hi, can you fix it ASAP?

Vivomovestyle wakes up after almost every shake or any vibration, gesture mode is off. It drains battery very quickly.

As far as I know it happened to many of this watch users just after new software update.

I personaly like it because of design. But it never was perfect.. at least you've managed to update Hydration goal Bug..

Anyway I am slightly disappointed with this watch, It's my third product from Garmin. And I am sure next time I will be looking for something more professionally developed. It's an 300$ watch, not a 50 cheapish crap.....

• Hello! I have a case opened on this and would like to get you added. May I email you to grab some information to add?

• Yes, Garmin is using us as "lab rat" now. Sending email "to grab some information". If you find here, all comments are the same! The programmers are incapable to do an "update" with previous version or able to downgrade... We need to continuing using this version while the "team" solve the problem... Ridiculous!

• Yeah exactly, like lab rats. I've got three replies already, all asking the same thing.. Could you send us an email of your manager instead?!

I would like to chat to him about how poor is your costumer service.
  • I'm suspicious that Garmin install Robots here to answer like that!

• Same here. As I posted already in the other threads.

• Can we get an update what's happening, and when programmers going to sort this out?

My watch is collecting dust for a month already, I cannot use it.

I cycle a lot, and it's just doesn't make sense to wear it, as screen is always turns on... This is so annoying and frustrating!!  

Why all we should suffer because of your fails?

I suggest everyone to write a complain!!

Garmin should do something about it.

• I went out today on a short bike ride, about 7 miles (a little over 11km). It was a mix of smooth paved roads, bumpy paved roads and very uneven dirt roads.

On the smooth paved roads the display never turned on unless I lifted my arm and rotated my wrist to look at the watch, as you would expect. 

On the bumpy roads it turned on accasionally when I hit big bumps.

On the dirt roads that induced lots of vibrations it did turn on frequently. I do not bike a lot and I had not done it recently before the update to 3.90, but I can see how this can be a problem when for example mountain biking on a trail.

In regular use I do not experience the severe issues others have reported, though. I have to shake the watch fairly hard to get the display to turn on.

I had other issues with the update to 3.90 (which I reported in other postings), one of them was resolved with a reset.

• Yes, one mounth! 
    It is simple: Downgrade while correct bugs... But I am thinking that company is not soo copetent. My first product, my last product! Garmin never more!

• Hi 

You are a Superman, to run 7 miles and see your clock all the time. And you are the only person here with working watch!

Amazing!

Is you working in or for Garmin company?

• @Rafael M. why the sarcasm? I am just sharing my experience, just like you and the others have done. Mine just happened to be not as bad as yours. Last I checked, there is no rule in this forum that allows only complaints.

I looked at my watch often enough to see what it was doing, I suppose the same way you did to claim that it stays on all the time. Where is the difference?

My watch is certainly not the only one working. Didn't you read I wrote the display turns on when there are a lot of vibrations?

Also, if you have read my other posts, you have seen that I had and I am having other problems after the 3.90 update. 

I decided to share my experience here to help others, but contacted directly Garmin through their support page to address the one issue that is still unresolved.

If you enjoy more to just complain and make fun of those posting experiences that do not match yours, suit yourself. 

I do not work for Garmin and have no association with them. But since you like to play this game, let's apply equal rules: perhaps I can insinuate you work for a Garmin competitor and are trying to discredit them?