This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What's your experience with battery life?

I am using the Vivomove Luxe for a week now. I appears that the watch can only survive one day in smartphone mode. So, Bluetoth on, HR on. But, wrist guesture off and Pulseoxymeter off.

THe Garmin site mentions that the wacht will survive 5 days maximum in smartphone mode. One day is very dissapointing to me.

I see some Vivomove Luxe users here, what's you experience? 

• I am also facing issues with just 4 months old vivomove luxe model. 

1. Battery does last more that 5 minutes.

2. Garmin express does not detect this watch. 

• My problem with this watch is the screen turn on without need to do "double tap" gesture. When I am riding my motorcycle, the watch stays on big part of time. It stays on with any vibrations, hand claps, etc.

• only use for 2 app notifications, no pulse, no hr, no wrist gesture, 4 days android, 5 days ios.

• My 2 yr and 3 months old Vivomove Style runs easily for 4 full days on a charge. That's with NO Pulse Ox active, but with with HR on, one or two activities per day (usually a 30-40 minutes walk or run and 30 minutes weights workout four days a week). I have gesture on only during a workout but all notifications enabled (email, text, weather and various apps). If I am not doing an activity, I prefer to tap on the screen to turn it on when I need it, rather than turning on every time I rotate and raise my wrist.

When the watch was new I was getting the 5 days advertised by Garmin. An important point, though, is that I never run the battery down every time I charge it. I do it once in a while just to check how the battery is doing. I usually charge the watch every other day, sometime every day, and I keep Pulse Ox on (it measures only during sleep anyway).

Li-Ion batteries, the kind used in the smartwatches and virtually  everywhere else with a rechargeable battery, have a longer lifespan (meaning they will maintain most of the their capacity at each charge for a longer time) if they are charged a little but more often than if they are charged from totally discharged or very low charge every few days.