This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth connection poor?

I got my Vivomove Luxe yesterday and some things are not impressing me. The bluetooth connection seems particulary poor with the watch disconnectiing and reconnecting less than 5m from the phone. Is this the general experience?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

The device spontaneously disconnects from the Iphone 7, several times an hour. I do not close the application completely, when I enter the application there is no green dot on the watch logo, notifications and so on do not come. Please fix this problem in the next software update.

• Someone have any idea how to fix it? Is it technical problem or this watch has poor bt connection all the time? Its really annoying and the watch is not suitable for use... 

• Biggest waste of money I’ve ever spent!! I have the same issues plus more. So unhappy with this watch. Wish I’d saved my money and just bought a Apple Watch

• Same for me. Disonnect / connect all the time, less than 5m from the phone

• To help us investigate/escalate this issue further, we would ask that any users experiencing this respond to this thread in the format below:

What type of phone are you using?

What software version is the phone?

What software version is the app?

What is the software version of the watch?

Have you completely removed the device from the app and the Bluetooth and made sure to only pair directly to the Garmin app?

Do we have your permission to reach out by email to gather some information from you?

• phone Sansung s9

Android 10

Garmin Connect version 4.36.3

Vivomove style 010-02240-01

Have you completely removed the device from the app and the Bluetooth and made sure to only pair directly to the Garmin app? YES

1. uninstall the app Garmin Connect from my phone

2. reset the watch to factory settings

3. Reset network settings on my phone

4. Install the app Garmin

5. finally connect the watch by the app. Using the app Garmin coonect

but the problem persists

Do we have your permission to reach out by email to gather some information from you?, yes

• Hi there,

thanks for looking into it. Here are the details for my case:

Google Pixel 3a XL with latest Android 11  
    Garmin Connect 4.36.3  
    SW 3.40  
    TSC 2.70  
    SNS 4.02  
    NET 2.0   

After the first instances I removed the device and paired it again with the app, not via Android. The bluetooth-blackout happens regardless of battery status, ful or nearly empty. Once it happens. I cannot make it reconnect by any other means than plugging the charging cable into the watch and chatge it a little bit, which seems to reset it. It will then work again for a while, even  if i do not charge until full.

Feel free to contact me by email.

Cheers

Chris

• Thank you for this information. I will message you for your email and get this case created.

• I experience often disconnect of my Garmin Vivomove style, it stays connected only in 5 meters diamerter (way too low for me). Sometimes it disconnects randomly when I have my phone in backpocket too. 

I like this watch despite dull display, but poor BT connection is deal breaker for me. Yesterday SW 3.6 arrived, but issue persists. Please solve it, otherwise i will return/RMA it to seller.

Samsung S20 FE 5G (same issues on Oneplus 5T before) with Android 10 (both phones)

Garmin Connect 4.36.3

Vivomove Style SW 3.60 TSC 2.70 SNS 5.00

Steps 1-5 taken, no change

• I still have the same problems with the bluetooth. And every time I take it off the charger I have to recallibrate the clock hands. So anoying. Really, really disaponied with this watch. I have a fenix and a descent and are very happy with these two but the vivomove luxe is just garbage...