This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone else having huge acuracy issues?

I got a Garmin HR for Christmas and am thinking it is a complete waste of time.

1) Distance - I do a weekly 5Km parkrun, which is picking up as between 7 and 7.5km.  I know I can try to set custom stride length and maybe it will correct it - but, I would not expect this level of differnce (I do not have an abnormaly long or short stride and never had issues with a fitbit).

2) Sleep - I apparenlty sleep more than 10 hours most nights in spite of only being in bed for a maximum of 7 (and not asleep for all of that time).  One I settle down to watch Tv, it thinks I am asleep.  One night, I tossed and turned for a more than two hours, then got up and went downstairs, had somethign to eat and watched tv for an hour or so, and it registerd me as asleep the whole time

3) Auto track activities - it has been auto starting activities constantly this afternoon (more than 10 times).  I have been sitting at my desk.  The HR is showing as below 50, so shouldn't be thinking I am active because of that. 

4) VO2 max - I go to gym 4 times a week, parkrun once a week, yet my VO2 ax age is apparently 73...

5) Stairs - I live in a 3 story house and am constantly up and down, yet apaprently only manage 5-7 flights a day.  I know it apparently needs 3 meters hsight (which mine are), but often going up both flights of stairs doesn;t register at all.   

I heard Garmin wasn;t that great on accuracy, but this seems ridiculous.  There isn't a statistic that I trust.

Am I the only one with this issues?  I am past the 30 days return date, but am wondering if it is a faulty device or just a poor product.  

• Hi I am having a similar issue, I walk every morning with my dogs for approximately 30-35mins but my garmin kicks in about 20 mins into my walk and registers only around 9 mins of the walk,  I too changed from Fitbit to garmin and never had any problems with Fitbit.  Seriously considering going back to Fitbit.

• I am also having the same problem with the distance. I have gone on runs and hikes with other people with different Garmin watches, and my watch is telling me that we have went a mile a lot faster than the other watches. I may try to do the custom steps, but I am in the same boat where my strides are not too long or too short.