This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Vivomove HR Not Saving Activities

Hi everyone

I hope someone can help me here. My device does not want to save completed activities. 

I purchased the watch just over a week ago. I recorded an activity with it the next day and all was good. The day after that, I went for a run and to my dissapointment my run did not save on the device after pressing save activity.

It just flashed saving... saving... saving for about 30 seconds and then nothing. I could only see the previous day's activity.

Then I tested it to see what was going on. I went into the activity options, selected walk and I let it time for about 30 seconds. Then I paused and followed the correct steps to save the activity. Again the same issue - just flashed saving for about 30 seconds and then nothing happens. 

I read online that some Garmin devices run out of storage quickly and that FIT files need to be deleted via a PC. So I plugged my device into my PC. Followed the steps : My PC > Garmin > Activities. But there were no activity FIT files .

I then restored the user settings on the device itself over the weekend. 

Yesterday I successfully saved an activity on the watch and today I had no success in saving a new activity. It just flashes saving again and then only shows yesterday's activity. 

The device's software is up to date so I have no idea what is causing this issue but it is driving me crazy. 

As far as I know the device is supposed to overwrite old activity data with new activity data. But this has not been the case. I can literally save one activity and then my only option is to reset the user settings if I want to save abother activity.

What can the issue be? 

• Same issue here... anyone have a soluion?

• Same issue here... anyone have a soluion?

• Hello ! The only time I had this problem was when I tried to stop the time while on pause then start it it again. Due to the very weak visibilité of the screen, I think I messed up. Otherwhise, I never had this inconvenience with my vivomove HR

• I‘m facing the same issue, it says saved, but does not reflect my runs & spinning sessions. I‘ve logged a ticket, but still no respond from Garmin. My watch is not even 3 weeks old.

• Pareil ici ! Depuis je n'ai plus reessayé car c'est décevant de revenir d'une session et de 'n'avoir que le quart du parcours.... 

• Petite question puisque nous communiquons. J'ai calculé une petite distance pour évaluer ma foulée en marche rapide. Obtenu 77 cm. Serait-il préférable de laisser la montre gérer cette donnée vu que j'ai communiqué ma taille, mon poids et mon âge ? Je me pose la question. Notamment parce que mes séances de marche rapide se font quasi toute avec ma chienne et qu'elle me ralentit souvent. Merci d'avance pour un avis, je n'arrive quasi jamais à joindre Garmin support !

Bonne soirée 

• Same issue here - the first time it happened I thought I muse have hit delete. It logged one workout but I just finished a PR run and it said it saved but....no. I’m frustrated. 

• Also having the same issue! So many sync problems with this device, its a wonder they even sell the thing. It doesn't work more often than it does. What a SCAM

• same here, Garmin was hacked last month and again this week and they failed to inform the consumer. Tried calling and emailing but no response. I'm looking at another manufacturer. This is the 4th time this has happened and only Garmin has the where will all to solve. 

• Garmin was hacked last month and again this week and they failed to inform the consumer

If you're referring to the "WastedLocker" ransomware attack, that was last July. We were kept well-informed throughout the recovery process. There was no hack last month. Can you provide a link to the news of the hack that you're saying occurred this week?

Not sure where you are located, but I typically get an immediate response from Garmin Support using the chat services or (if during business hours) calling on the phone. If for some reason you need to use email, then when you submit your support ticket you'll see a prompt indicating the following...

We typically respond within 3-5 business days, but it may take a bit longer during busy times of the year or if your query involves additional research. We're here Monday-Friday 7 a.m.– 7 p.m. CT. Closed weekends and holidays.

My experience is that the response is sooner than that. Also, check your email junk folder.