This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bought in Singapore but can’t display Chinese and can’t load APAC firmware.

Just bought it in Harvey Norman Singapore, which is supposed to be in APAC region.

However the device only comes with English, Bahasa Indonesia, Malay, Thai, and Vietnamese.

It doesn’t have Chinese in language options, and CAN’T EVEN DISPLAY CHINESE IN NOTIFICATIONS!

I actually managed to bypass the Garmin Express and downloaded the APAC 4.60 firmware from Garmin support site (found the link to the APAC version of the .gcd file...).

And also downloaded Mac version of Web Updater.

In the command line of Mac Web Updater I even managed to start updating the firmware of the device. I tried both MassStorage mode and USB mode. The former could finish quickly but after I rebooting device but ejecting, disconnecting, and reconnecting to power source, nothing seems changed. The latter never finished and I found the progress bar was just a fake one by a .sh shell script which prints one # every 2 seconds.

Quite frustrated there.

I even inspected both APAC and global gcd firmware files, and found Chinese and Japanese lng flies in the APAC versions and Spanish in the global one.

I tried updating with both APAC and global firmware files but the device still only shows the original 5 languages: English, Indonesia, Malay, Thai, Viet.

Did I miss something? Or the Web Updater just can’t update Vivomove HR???

Thanks in advance!