This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Calibrating the watch hands / Soft reset

Hi,

i calibrate the watch hands a lot of times a day, but a few minutes later, it shows not the similar time the digital watch shows.

And my second question: Is it possible to make a soft reset or reboot on the vivomove hr?

Thanks,

j70bar
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    I have the same issue. I just received my new Vivomove HR, and it doesn't tell time, which is kind of irritating for a watch. The digital part is correct, but the hands are anywhere between 6 and 16 minutes slow, despite recalibrating. Is this a common problem and is it fixable? If not, this thing goes back. I replaced my Vivoactive HR with this because it is a watch, but it's not much good if it doesn't work.
  • I have to recalibrate the minutes hand multiple times a day. Have read others have similar problems so want to gather some attention to this post.

On firmware 3.50.
  • So far my hands have been fine.
    There is a reset in the settings menu on the watch.
  • seems that you have a defect watch. others have other problems with this watch. look like we have been cheated by Garmin this time. other more expensive watches working good. mine works good but the glass is not really good assembled though. anyway its a matter of time before the battery dies and we gonna buy another one!
  • I've had the same problem for a few weeks.
    The minute function was always correct, but the hour hand was wrong(few hours ahead or behind) .

I tried to let tried to let the battery drain and ignored the hands for roughly three days.

After a few days I noticed the time was consistently 1 hour behind the actual time and recharged the watch, adjusted the hour watch hand to one hour ahead and it's been fine ever since.

???My guess is that the watch hands try to correct itself and calibrating it 2/3 times a day makes the correction undone.
    ??????
  • I never had a problem with the hands, in the 9 months I have had the watch now.
  • Just got the watch 4 days ago and have not calibrated it. I hooked it up to the computer to set it up and the time got set automatically. I have the all black sport one. I will see if the needles will stick in a few weeks.
  • I have the same issue. I have to calibrate the hamds up to 4 times a day.

• I have the same issue and am beyond frustrated. I got this watch for my birthday and had to get it replaced because the watch hands stopped keeping the correct time. I bought the same watch again as a replacement and have spent hours over the past 2 weeks trying to calibrate the hands to no avail. I really like this watch but it's useless if it doesn't show the correct time  please help Garmin! 

• I have been having the same issue and keep on having to calibrate multiple times. Everytime I charge the watch I have re calibrate also. 

not happy to say the least!