This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivofit 4 poor replacement battery life

The original batteries in my Vivofit 4 ran out after 8 months.  I have used Renata and Maxell SR43 silver oxide (not alkaline) batteries since then, and none have lasted more than a month (the latest set lasted only 17 days).  I have the syncing set to the lowest frequency, and sync no more than once per week.  Any ideas why my Vivofit is eating batteries?

I will stop using it if this continues - even in a big city I cannot buy these batteries locally.  Why didn't Garmin figure out how to fit much easier-to-find SR44 batteries?

• Hi there! The device should not be quitting on you this often even with new batteries. I would like to help you get this resolved. Are you in the US or CAD by chance?

• I am in Canada.  I measured the battery voltage each time it quit, and each battery was less than 1 V, so the batteries really were used up.  They measured 1.57 V when new.  When I replaced the batteries a few days ago I made sure to carefully clean the gasket - no signs of moisture inside.  And I also cleaned the battery contacts, although they looked good as well.