This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pair with new phone?

I had to replace my phone and I can't figure out how to pair my vivofit with the new phone. I installed Garmin connect on the new phone and under devices it shows that the Bigfoot is connected to my account but not to my phone. All the instructions are for a new vivofit.
  • Is your vivo phone under warranty?
  • Your vivofit is new to your new phone. Just set it up the same way as if you had just bought it through the add device option in the Garmin devices page.
  • The device is new, not 2mo old. The app sees the device but can't set it up, does that make sense? I've tried a bunch of different thing but it just won't link.

The phone pairs with other Bluetooth things no problem. Should I return the watch? Or the phone?
  • bizorra,

What happens when you try? Can you give more details? Which phone are you trying to connect with?
  • Its an ASUS ZenFone. A budget phone for sure but does have Bluetooth 4.1. The following screenshots show what happens when I try to pair. The app recognizes that it's a vivofit4 to pair I don't need to choose it from the list.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1337925.jpg
  • Actually, my phone is an ASUS Zenfone 3 and it works absolutely perfectly. One thing I do with my phone is connect to WiFi through 802.11a (5Ghz) rather than 2.4. The reason is my old phone with only 2.4Ghz had conflicts connecting both bluetooth and WiFi at the same time.

It seem to me that, based on your first screen where it says you're trying to connect the wrong device, the connection process is bound to fail.

What I suggest you do is to go to Connect in your the list of apps, clear your data, erase the cache, then uninstall and reinstall the app and try again. BTW, what's Bigfoot?

You could also try connecting to the phone's bluetooth first and then do it through the app.
  • UGH after getting this close to throwing this phone in the ocean, I checked for system updates. Sure enough there's an update and its related to BT. All seems to be working now!

bigfoot is the autocorrect of vivofit :)

thanks for the help!