Garmin VivoFit 4 problems?

New here! I got a VivoFit 4 on January 27th. Wore it for about three days when I noticed it was glitching. It was missing steps. More accurately I would, for example, have 4000 steps logged and then be walking and see that my VivoFit would suddenly have backed up and say I only had 3800 steps. This happened a few times. Then I started noticing the blue triangle widget would flash on the screen and then leave. I would also lose information when I synced with my tablet. Not all the time, but enough of the time that it was a pain. On day 6 I had enough and called Garmin. They suggested I return the item to them. I did.

I bought another VivoFit 4 and have only had it one day and it's losing steps already. I had synced an hour ago and had 9427 steps. I just went for a walk around the office and look at the tracker and it shows 9134 steps. I'm pretty sure I didn't walk backwards! ;)

I'm having a HARD time believing that a reputable company like Garmin could possibly have produced not ONE, but TWO pieces of crap called the VivoFit 4 so I am wondering if I am missing something. Am I doing something to make this happen? Perhaps someone could chime in with some advice, etc.

All I want is for the tracker to accurately count my steps and not be losing steps on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • ...aaaaaand VF4 number two is now acting up for my family member.

I see there's a software update available for it but it won't even sync/stay connected.

EDIT - took a while but an update to Garmin Connect Mobile and the VF4 were needed. It's syncing again, though sync being completely broken pre-update seems like a glaring flaw.
  • ...aaaaaand VF4 number two is now acting up for my family member.

I see there's a software update available for it but it won't even sync/stay connected.

EDIT - took a while but an update to Garmin Connect Mobile and the VF4 were needed. It's syncing again, though sync being completely broken pre-update seems like a glaring flaw.
Children
No Data