Software version 8.30

My VA4 just updated a couple of hours ago to sw 8.30.

Any change log, is it beta, final version?

There's no info anywhere, not in this forum, nor in the beta program section.

Note: I am enrolled in the beta testing program.

• Thanks! It was on the website. Apparently I was never in the beta program (I don't remember doing that). I mean, this version, unfortunately, is the official one. My garmin today is literally a 10 bucks step counter. I even have to deactivate the GPS to last the day. How awful.

• Downgrading software will not help, because on Vivoactive 4 user cannot stop updates, so it will just auto-update itself in a few days, and you will have same problem again. 

The only solution is properly working software version. 

As I said, downgrading firmware will not help.

This has nothing to do with being beta user, it is official firmware version.

• Jet I checked. I am sure that I am not in Beta program. And I have got a 8.3 fw.  Maybe I am lucky. I haven't any problems with my VA4.

• it will happen, don't worry. At first, no problems for me either, I was intrigued why other users experienced bad battery. Now it barely survives through the day, with no changes on my part. It took about one week on 8.30 to get from a solid 3 days with one half an hour workout (GPS+music) to just one day .

• Can a massive claim be made directly to Garmin? Because here it seems no one has solutions.

My watch is 3.5 years old. I think they killed it by software to make it renew. Maybe the newer ones shouldn't have problems

• I doubt we'll see Garmin admit it, they'll just say it's too old. Most owners moved on already, and even the Beta section is not maintained anymore (last post is 9 months old). But their support has been great usually, so it's worth a try.

• Claim can be made but Garmin ignores claims for much newer and pricier watches (fenix 7 and epix) so I wouls not hols my breath that they will do something useful for Vivo 4.

Unfortunately, yes, they killed Vivoactive 4 with this update for some usera. No wonder they do not want to disclose what was changed by update.

• Same here. After update to v8.30 I am also having battery drain problem and bluetooth not working. Under About -> SW versions for ANT/BLE/BT version it says "0.00"

• I submitted an email support request and was contacted in two days.  I was offered a replacement (a recertified Venu2) and accepted as my watch was out of warranty.  I have sent my watch and will update once I receive my replacement.  Garmin support didn't ask any questions or offer any other solutions or explanations.

• This week I completed the process through Garmin customer service. Garmin exchanged me for my same watch (GA 4S) at zero cost. Now with the same software 8.3 I have no battery problems. One assumption of mine is that this update damaged some watches. Customer service did not want to give any explanations. They just exchanged the watch for me. Excellent service I must say. The whole exchange process took 4 days.