This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Paused Rollout - vivoactive 4 Series- SW 5.30

There will be another update coming soon! 

Software version 5.30

Change Log:

• Added details page to last sport widgets
  • Added improvements for faster syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved shortcut setup and interaction with the page
  • Fixed potential auto activity start false positives
  • Fixed issues with double swipes from the watch face
  • Removed golf course list timeout when starting golf activity
  • Fixed layout of the 'No Notifications' page
  • Added support for calibrating elevation from Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Updated stopwatch layout
  • Improved time to first GPS fix in certain conditions
  • Made general bug fixes for golf activities
  • Fixed body battery graph layout
  • Increased precision of weight in strength activities
  • Enabled app encryption for widgets and data fields
  • Improved translations
  • Fixed smart notification timeouts

Top Replies

All Replies

• Yes, its for the vivoactive 4 series. This update is still only at 50% not everyone will see this update just yet

Do you know my friend, when will it be available for the 100% users? Or...is Garmin thinking about the possibility of including the correction of the first issues shared by some users here in order to roll out a 5.31 version for the 100% of the VA4 owners? Thanks in advance. Regards and thanks for your assistance.

• Do you know my friend, when will it be available for the 100% users? Or...is Garmin thinking about the possibility of including the correction of the first issues shared by some users here in order to roll out a 5.31 version for the 100% of the VA4 owners? Thanks in advance. Regards and thanks for your assistance.

As of right now, no. I apologize. As soon as I get word, I will update this post. 

• Hi Martin, could you please send me the version here:

acouabwornom AT dropmail DOT me

I would highly appreciate that!

• I bought Vivoactive 4s around 3 weeks ago, and noticed bad battery performance as well. I thought this is how the watch performs which didn’t match my expectation so I sent it back and asked for refund that I didn’t even get full refund here despite returning window is only 7 days. 

Turn out, bad battery performance is because of this update as I can see a lot of people have complained here, will there be any update to fix the problem? because I really liked the watch and might purchase it again. I just want it to last 3-4 days without GPS activity as I don’t do much outdoor run but cardio at home.

• Another bug that just can't get squashed by Garmin is that every time my watch get synced with Express on the computer, my phone defaults to GMT+0 time. I then need to sync with Connect app or lunch a GPS activity for it to set the time again to GMT+2. RageRageRage

Also, when can Garmin manage to identify what CIQ apps have been synced and updated over Connect Mobile that I don't need a list of available app updates on Garmin Express? I literally need to install updates twice... once automatically over Garmin Connect mobile and then over Express on the computer. 

• What's wrong with version 5.30?
    Already 7 days since it came out and still no update on my watch?

• Martin, is the time zone in your account settings in the web version of Garmin Connect set to GMT+0? I have it set to CET, and I don't have this problem you experience.

•  why is the update rollout still stuck at 50%?

• No. It's set correctly to GMT+2 Central Africa Time

Martin, is the time zone in your account settings in the web version of Garmin Connect set to GMT+0? I have it set to CET, and I don't have this problem you
  • 7 days and still not available for me.  You need to speed up your rollouts or provide a link to install it manually.