This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate Spikes

Has anyone else noticed that the HR can just start climbing to crazy numbers for no reason? I notice it quite often and I it is disappointing, as it throws off all other metrics that are based on HR. For example, "earning" more than I know I actually am because the HR is so wrong PAI points, calories burned, Intensity Minutes, VO2, etc. - all based on HR).

Example, while leisurely exercising (walking), HR is around 95-105, but suddenly I get an alert that it is over 165. No matter what I do, change my arm, reposition the watch, etc, it doesn't go back to normal (checking my HR manually with my finger on my artery proves it is 95-105). Even if I take the watch off for a minute or two and put it back on, half the time it just goes back to the 150+ measurements. The sensor is very clean, I am not sweaty, it is on my arm the proper position and tightness, I just can't figure out why it suddenly just goes crazy, climbing and climbing. The first time it happened, I actually turned around and went home because I thought something must be terribly wrong with me, it was very off-putting.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and might have a solution. Thanks.

• New watch, Forerunner 245 music, is much better, for me, in regard to heart rate spikes. Spike has only occurred once in two months Sunglasses

• Yep, I've been noticing them on my Forerunner 35, but only when I'm out speedwalking. I kinda freaked out when I uploaded the data from the watch and it showed that I spiked above 200 BPM for 2 minutes, then went back down to 98. I'm in my 60's, so I was a bit concerned when I saw the spikes, then replayed my laps, saw where it happened, then thought that was weird because at that place in my walk, I felt just fine. Strange.

• I've been seeing this for 3 days on my Vivoactive 4, at night. It's a royal pain - I use the watch to track real activity & sync to Cronometer for nutritional tracking, & the Vivoactive will typically be telling Cronometer I did 400-700 calories worth of exercise in the middle of the night, while I was sleeping, without my wife noticing anything unusual.

This started as I said 3 days ago. I don't recall a software update in that time period, but there could have been. I've been using the watch for right at a year & this is the first time I've seen anything remotely like this.