This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 (all versions) SW 5.10

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Improved sync speed with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved translations
  • Added access to detailed activity information from the Last Sport widgets
  • Various bug fixes for golf and club sensors
  • Increased maximum pool size
  • Improved CIQ Data Field power management and error handling
  • Fixed gesture handling for CIQ watch faces
  • Fixed handling of disabled cards in Garmin Pay
  • Improved NFC stability
  • Added a stopwatch reminder
  • Fixed rowing speed data field
  • I've reverted back to 5.0

After Express copied the 5.1 update back into the Garmin folder, I copied it off, opened it in a basic text editor and cleared everything, then saved it back. The watch hasn't updated overnight and is still on 5.0. 

• I am running the 5.1 with no issues. Battery consumption is normal.

• Hey Martin, you did this because you are also seeing high battery usage overnight?

• No, my battery consumption was normal, or better said, the same as before. I downgraded to 5.0 since the notifications on my device had turned to shite. Any notification hangs around for 30 seconds, and I can't view or dismiss it when privacy settings are set to action or gesture. And it would sometimes black out my entire watch face apart from the seconds window, which was very strange. And the font changes get my OCD flared up :)

• Has anyone with increased overnight battery consumption tried full factory restart?

I really don't want to do all the setup again, but if I would  know it will help...

Also, what about Garmin itself? They clearly have to know something went wrong because no previous roll out took so long, so could we get some information, hints?

• Backup your settings and restore them again afterwards...

• is there a way how to really backup the setting (some export, copied files or something like that)? Or you mean just check setting of the watch, of all apps and widgets and then install and setup all of them again. Because that is exactly what I would like to avoid

• I did follow the instruction Martin pointed to earlier in this thread to do a backup and then did a full reset to factory settings. Yesterday. Overnight my battery usage was still higher than before the upgrade. But it was slightly better than before the reset. Before the upgrade I was getting down to around 80%. After the upgrade before the reset it was in the 60's. This morning, after the reset it was 70%.

• Battery usage went from less than 1% per hour to greater than 3% after update. No difference after forced restart.

Did a factory reset (without deleting activities or music). My preferred watch face back as previously set up. Took a few min to reorder widgets etc.

I'll give it a couple of hours to check current usage and report back