This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Get rid of golf already!! Hardly anyone uses it!!

Ughhh, I see that Garmin are still insisting on having Golf as a baked-in activity that can't be completely removed.

I wish they would take it out of all watches other than the Approach series (which are already golf specific) and strip it from having such a high prominence in the Connect app.

I'm pretty sure that the number of people who actually use the golf activity is so tiny that the vast majority won't miss its exclusion at all, and it'll free up codespace on the watches for the other features to be improved greatly.

• I brought the Garmin vivoative 4 over Fitbit and even Apple, due to the golfing functionality. Garmin golf app, autoshot detection and shot tracking it provides is great and I use it a lot. It’s a great addition to a fitness watch and wouldn’t be buying Garmin if it wasn’t part of it.

I would have gone for the Approach S60 if it had the heart rate tracking but it doesn’t, so the new vivoactive 4 is ideal. Also has PinPointer so will point to the hole if you can’t see the flag. Great little addition, very well done Garmin!

• Don't assume your use case is the same as everyone else's, or that you're even in a majority. Everyone has their interest and needs. For me, the availability of the golf activity was exactly the reason for choosing Vivoactive over other smartwatches (was considering Huawei GT2 or Forerunner). If anything, I would ask Garmin to put more effort on improving the golf app.

• I agree. I don't care that they have golf, but I wish I could delete it not only off my watch but the app as well. i will never use it.  on the other hand I hike and do zumba and bollywood all of the time. I would love to see the hiking be a default app, and for it to be a little easier to add the dance tracking app

• The problem is customization more generally.

There was also a discussion in the Connect forum about suggestions: https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mobile-apps-web/f/garmin-connect-mobile-andriod/69591/garmin-connect-mobile-ideas-and-suggestions/1003820#1003820

I'd like the option of customizing activities on the sidebar - I don't golf, but having SUP boarding, or hiking over there would be great. I and many others would also like to be able to select independent units: kilometers, pounds, feet. No such option now - it's full metric or imperial.

You can submit ideas to Garmin via their web form: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/