This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Step Counting Oddness

I aim for 10,000 steps a day, and generally meet that.  I also usually wear my VA3 to sleep, but am not right now due to poison ivy.  

I just looked at my step count for the first time today, and noticed that my Garmin believes I have a step count of 22,530.  At 9:20am.  I did some digging, and it shows that I did a elliptical ride for 21 minutes, even before my alarm went off this morning.  This is untrue.  My watch was sitting on my bedside table.  I don't even own a elliptical.  I've even checked to make sure there wasn't an earthquake or something last night.  Nope.

I had a higher than normal step count yesterday, but I can confirm it reset during the night, but has me meeting my step goal by 4am.  

Any ideas as to what could have caused this?  My daughter was asleep in the next room with her VA3 and she didn't have any such anomaly.

• Just wanted to update, I figured it out.  My watch was laying on my night stand, and my tabletop fan was on.  My watch must have thought the fan vibration was me working out.  Ha!