This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Barometer Test - Invalid

I have noticed that the elevation is constant on my recent runs with my Vivoactive 3.  I ran the barometer test and it is giving the result: "Valid?  Invalid"

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks,

• I'm having the EXACT and issue. Sorry you're having it too! Garmin Forums or anyone at Garmin, is there a fix for this? Can't find one in the forums. 

• Same issue here!!! no one is answering .... 

• When the sensor is defective and the test shows "invalid" you can't fix it. You can only pay for a refurb replacement.

i had the same issue 2 months ago

• Hi, i have had two VA3

One new and one replacement (because of Altimeter not working).

My experience was always the same with the replacement part, Alti-Barometer is not working on this model, by design :-(

Same things for my friends with this model, since we go to Fenix (or Forerunner 935/945) products everything is ok.

• How do you get to the barometer test?

• To access Test Mode:

1. With unit in “off” state, turn the unit on
    2. As soon as the display turns on, press and hold the button
    3. Wait for the unit to vibrate 3 times and release the button (there will be a long gap between the second

and third vibrations). The unit will then enter test mode.

o    vivoactive 3: Press the button 15 times to access the Barometer Test screen

To exit Forced Test Mode:

1. Press the button (vivoactive 3: 5 times)
    2. You should see the screen "Press and hold the power button to disable forced test mode"
    3. As directed, press and hold the power button until the Garmin triangle appears, indicating the device is powering back to normal mode.