This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 suddenly experiencing severe battery drain

My 2.5 year old Vivoactive 3 is usually great with battery life, lasting several days even with activities being recorded. Usual battery life is around 10% drain per day without activities. Several times in the last year or so I've experienced a sudden battery drain which has always been fixed by restoring factory settings. About 3 days ago this issue resurfaced but I have not been able to fix it using my usual methods. All settings have been adjusted to where I usually have them - 10% brightness, short backlight timing etc etc, but I'm at a loss as to why it has so suddenly started draining a full battery in 6-12 hours.

In looking through other forum posts I've at least managed to fix the GPS sensor issue I've had for the last few months, but unfortunately it hasn't magically fixed my battery issue. It's dropped 2% while typing this.

I really like my watch and don't like having to buy new tech when it's been working so well. Please advise what I can do to fix it Garmin!

• Hello Garmin,

Thanks for replying!

Abovr mentioned approach did not work for me. I talked with support and tried many approaches but no help.

I emailed Deutscheland Garmin Support but it has been  a week that they did not reply me.

I tried to call but it is not getting connected.

I want to buy Fenix 7x Solar Sapphire but not i am questioning Garmin is right choice.

Please help me to get vivoactive 3 connect issue solved!

My email: [email protected]

Thanks,

Kiran.

• I'm sorry to hear about this. Do you mind if I email you to troubleshoot this report further?

• Sure! Any help to ressuract my beloved watch would be Greatful!

• I have raised the ticket with Garmin and they arranged for it to be replaced FOC. being picked up tomorrow. worth raising ticket with them

• Unfortunately I experience the same problem, I have to charge my VA3 twice a day (!). Every 6 minutes I have 1 percent battery loss. I do think it's a software problem, as it came with an update, so I hope there will be a fix for this soon in a newer software version. (I have tried the GPS sensor fix, software versions are correct, running 8.2)

• raise the support ticket, they will likely to replace it for free , as they have done mine.

• I raised tickets but they keep sharing stupod documentation such as diconnect, clear, update, reset,...........

What a shame from the product i loved once!

• I face the same issue. Since years, I have not had any issues with my Vivoactive 3. The MyBattery widget has shown  always an average 1,2% per hour battery consumption even with recorded activiaties. During vacation my watch notified me about installing an automatic update over the air.

I just sa the sawtooth ssign with the arrow and progress bar, but it wasn't that large, the installation didn't require a lot of time. Since that day, the battery drain increased to 3%-6% per hour. Even after settings the watch to factory defaults, without any watchfaces, widget or anything else, the battery drain remains steadily at 4% because after fully loaded, the watch is off within 24 hours and this value increase, when recording an activity. 

Now I cannot role back, will be blamed, that it is supposed to be an battery issue. I can't believe that, the coincidence between an update installation and the increased battery drain is to obvious, and so far Garmin support left me alone with an ususable watch. Contacted the support, got an text template back, but since my response with details and sending pictures to them, Garmin support disappeared.

Best regards

Christian

• Same here. I responded and the answer was that the watch is that old, it is out of service and not applicable for support, software updates or changing it to another watch... :(