This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 suddenly experiencing severe battery drain

My 2.5 year old Vivoactive 3 is usually great with battery life, lasting several days even with activities being recorded. Usual battery life is around 10% drain per day without activities. Several times in the last year or so I've experienced a sudden battery drain which has always been fixed by restoring factory settings. About 3 days ago this issue resurfaced but I have not been able to fix it using my usual methods. All settings have been adjusted to where I usually have them - 10% brightness, short backlight timing etc etc, but I'm at a loss as to why it has so suddenly started draining a full battery in 6-12 hours.

In looking through other forum posts I've at least managed to fix the GPS sensor issue I've had for the last few months, but unfortunately it hasn't magically fixed my battery issue. It's dropped 2% while typing this.

I really like my watch and don't like having to buy new tech when it's been working so well. Please advise what I can do to fix it Garmin!

• My watch was at ~65% at 8AM; I went for a walk with my dog at 1PM and it was at zero.  I put it on the charger, and pulled it off at 100% about 30 minutes ago.  I've been sitting, and it is already down 8% to 92%. What the heck?!

• I did a soft reboot and the sensors showed version 0.0.0.  I pushed the sensor file from the linked post, and since then my battery life has greatly improved.

• I have the same issue. And read here about it yesterday. Did the bottom reset, and for now it seems back to its (still not normal) state of draining fast the first 25% and then steady. I can manage with that but would like what I paid for!

Wrote to them and waiting for an answer. I read a few threads and nowhere did I see a Garmin admin reply...why is that? 

• Whoa... Since posting this comment my watch gain 2% on it's own lolllll.  

• I too have the severe battery drain issue.  I am on 8.1 and I have done a factory reset and that didn't help.  If I use the analog default clock, I get 2 days max of battery but if I use any from the IQ Connect store, even Garmin's without always on I get 36 hours before its dead.  The funny thing is that it was down 65% after 24 hours and about 10 hours after that it went to 2%; that's a big drop!  I have the brightness at default of 30% and notifications for calls only.  I contacted Garmin support even though my watch is out of warranty and they are replacing it with a refurb.  They said they switch hardware manufacturers since the previous company's hardware had issues.

• ... and now, the quick battery drain occurs again.  Sensors show v6.60

• So far I am on day 4 with a custom watch face on the refurb watch with updated hardware and I'm at 45% battery.

• Hi Kevin, I followed the steps above but my vivoactiv 3 still discharges really fast. There is no 0.0 SW versions. Have you any suggestion?

• Same thing for me since yesterday...Battery time suddenly went from 2/3 days to 12h. Thanks for all comments and replies.

• My battery life is down to around 8 hours from 3/4 day's

Watch wouldn't connect  to phone so did reset and nothing. Found that sensors  were showing o.oo version so downloaded the fix for that.

Connect to phone again  but battery time is woeful  seems to have ruined a perfectly good watch