This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Flat Battery Overnight V7. 80

The last two Mornings I have woken up with a Flat watch even though it was charged the previous day. Ver, very, very frustrating.. Therefore:-

-) Why have Garmin not fixed this bug in V7. 80..? 

-) Is there a work around to stop this happening for now. ?

Thanks for your response

Ian 

• Same here, update caused this issue probably. 

A workaround is to do a hard reset (hold pwr button for 15secs/until shutdown). This though has to be re done after every workout for me. So I guess it might has something to do with GPS staying active after workouts draining battery

Moderator note: Apologies , your other posts were flagged as spam since they were exact duplicates of this one. 

• I have found that when I do a hard restart (holding pwr button for 15 sec) I loose that days step count.  I would recommend just a simple restart of the VA3 first, then if it doesn't work try the hard restart the next time.

• I recently started up and though I'd give my watch a go again if it had some firmware update. And it had, and installed 8.10.

Now this seems to have fixed all battery drains problem, mine been at 100% battery for amazingly 16 hours now, unless the graphic is bugged out or something. And I even did one GPS activity after work (20minute walk) to test if GPS would stay on.

Note, this is with default watchface. I'll try now and install a watchface again and see if it works this good. I'll choose one that has compatible device listed and that had recent update, so you you know it supports latest firmware. I'll come back report after the test.