This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Number of steps not reported

After using the walking activity for a walk I get a fine report on my phone. Distance, speed, etc. But the nummer of steps during the walk is not in the report. Is this normal? How can I get it in the report?

• For me it is at the bottom, but probably because I added a data field : Dozen Walk https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/e2ad0aa2-335d-4122-888d-ce4305ca5a9a that adds it on the bottom. of the data. 

• Thanks! I installed it. I don’t see the steps added on my older walks het, but maybe in the next walkt it will be added. Greetings from the Netherlands!

• That is not how it works, it needs to be added as a data field in the walking app. So, on the watch, go to settings -> Activities and apps -> walking -> configure walking -> data screen and set 1 field and select ConnectIQ-> Dozenwalk for the first screen. 

In Dutch : Instellingen -> Activiteiten en Apps -> Wandelen -> Wandelen instellen -> Gegevens Schermen -> Indeling -> 1

terug, Scherm 1 -> wijzig gegevensvelden -> Connect IQ -> DozenWalk. 

When you now start the activity you will see the DozenWalk fields (providing a lot of data on a single screen) which will record the steps. That is why you see ConnectIQ in the data just before the number or steps are displayed. So DozenWalk adds this field for future walks. 

Greetings back from... The Netherlands ;-)

You probably know you can change the look and feel and set options for apps and data fields ? In the connect app when you select the watch , go to Activity apps and more -> data fields -> press DozenWalk -> settings ? Make sure the last switch is set to 'on' since that adds the data into the report of the walk in Garmin Connect. 

• Thanks again. I did as you discribed, and I am looking forward to my next walk! 

• You are welcome, hope it works, I do like the data on the DozenWalk fields, although it is a bit crowded with information. This is what the walk activity shows me. (You probably need to zoom the picture ;-).

• There's also the CIQ data field "Steps to FIT" which will give the same result without the "crowded" downside.

• Thanks, I actually used DozenWalk for the info in the field, noticed the additional steps. Perhaps this i a better option if you only want to add the steps indeed. 

• Thanx. I have excacty the same screen now. It is strange however that the other parameters, like pace length, are not in the report on the mobile. 

• I think you would need to contact the developer of DozenWalk to see if he would log it in the FIT file, since only the steps are logged now. There are Tempo fields that reflect the pace and it is graphed, so not sure what you are looking for.