This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 SW 7.30 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout). 

Change log:

• Fixed a bug where Connect IQ watch faces could revert to a native watch face after quickly swiping through Connect IQ widgets
  • Fixed a bug preventing Connect IQ background app launches
  • Fixed a bug with launching Connect IQ apps from widgets
  • Smart notifications can now be displayed in Connect IQ apps
  • Wallet fixes
  • Garmin vivoactive 3

My watch is only about 3 weeks old. I've been having trouble especially with my GPS signal. Before going for a run 3 days ago I waited more than 10 Minutes to receive a signal that never came, so I started running before a GPS signal was found. When I returned after my usual 10k run, the watch had tracked more than 11k which was definitely not right and I could see that the GPS started working only after kilometer 5. When I wanted to go for another run today, I had the same problem before the run. The GPS wouldn't connect even after 15 Minutes and the watch kept showing a wrong distance again. After returning and saving the run, I could see the details on my watch - which again were not correct - and received the usual notification that the run was saved. Problem is, the run was actually never saved, it simply vanished. Can this be a software problem?

• we all know what we want, battery optimization. I hope this update will help, if I remember correctly my va3 battery started acting bad after I began using the wallet. Fingers crossed!

• Never saw anyone complain about these now fixed bugs in the forum...

But i heard many ppl asking for an fix of stairs bug - 10 floors while running in flat is ridiculous.

• I hope that the pulse error in cardio, which has been there since 7.20, has been removed.Belt says 140 o'clock 80 pulse.

• It's a bit early but battery life seems improved so far. Garmin Pay was always finicky for me. I also had issues with my CIQ watch face reverting and problems launching an IQ app from a widget. 

Haven't encountered any glitches yet. This should be a significant improvement for me. 

• GPS accuracy improved I hope?  I bought this watch about a month ago and the GPS has me running through houses 95% of the time and horribly cutting corners.  Other than that I love it, but that's a big deal and his me reconsidering this purchase.

• Have you tried changing the data recording from smart to every 1 second? That might help with the corners, but yes I agree still pretty dodgy.

• I have found that in my area GPS & Galileo (along with data recording every second) has improved my GPS tracking as compared to the GPS on my iPhone.

• I received the update today and then went on a run a few hours later.  Less than 1/10 of a mile into the run and I was at 48x my stairs goal...  The rest of the run was nearly constant notifications and I ended with well over 5000x my stairs goal.   I've done an 'impressive' 58,971 stairs today.  I think it really lagged the watch because the 3 mile run ended as 2.75 miles.

This watch is only 2 weeks old and this was my first software update.  When I first set it up, it took three days before the watch was syncing and functioning properly.  I went through hours of resets and reconnecting until it finally worked.  I'm having syncing issues again now.  If this happens after every update I might go mad. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  This is my first Garmin wearable.  I love it when it works but all of these glitches make it not worth it.