This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you send an update to prevent accidental discarding of activities?

There are plenty of people in this forum asking about how to recover accidentally deleted activities....so many, in fact, that it is clear this is a design flaw with the Vivoactive 3.  I had this happen to me today on an "epic" run.  It's SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING.

Can you please update the watch such that you need to do something more than just touch the 'DISCARD' section of the screen (which is sensitive to sweat, rain drops, etc.)?  Maybe hold down the side button for 3 seconds or something?

Sincerely -

A very frustrated runner

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

totally agree with you

how frustratingly it may seem, this is the way to go : submit your idea to Garmin

you could also contact the beta team with your suggestion explained as a bug

• If you see any issues send an email to [email protected]
      Please indicate the following
      vivoactive software version
      GCM version
      Android or iOS

happy & safe sporting

• Seconded. I "upgraded" from the non-touchscreen bliss of an old Fenix 3 to a Vivoactive 4 and the touchscreen goes haywire when it rains or I have a shower. Which naturally discards my activity. I've tried undeleting using a PC, but as it's only recognised as a MTP device (and not a USB drive) the software doesn't recognise it. Idea submitted...

• I have the same issue with my vivoactive watch as I pause for the normal reason's, it will delete without any notification of prompt it's gust gone and back to the home screen.  I had a similar issue with my older android and the same watch sending notification's to my watch when it was in pause mode and my activity disappeared.  Very annoying, plus I am not extremely Tec savvy but tried turning off notifications and it still did it.  My last resort was to turn off my phone before activity and now I have a newer phone and never paired them.  Problem solved in a unusual way. Maybe some software update's are in order.