This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 Music SW 5.50 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log v.5.50

• Fixed a possible battery drain with Bluetooth
  • Fixed a possible crash with WiFi
  • Unfortunately bluetooth coonection with phone still doesn't work. Please fix this problem.

• Well.  My watch is definitely not draining due to Bluetooth anymore.  Unfortunately, that's because it lost the ability to connect to my phone via Bluetooth right after this update.  I have tried rebooting both the watch and the phone, turning off bluetooth on both devices, and tried added the watch back as a new device. Nothing seems to help the phone see/detect the watch.  I have no updates pending for either the watch or the Garmin Connect app, nor for the phone.  

Garmin Connect has been unable to sync for 2+ days now due to this. A fix would be greatly appreciated.

• Bluetooth doesn't work anymore?

• This did not the fix the bluetooth connectivity problem i've been having. The VA3 still disconnects from my phone and won't reconnect until i soft reset it. And even then it'll only stay connected for a few hours. 

Please fix this problem. It effectively makes this very expensive wearable unusable. 

• finally a good update, my battery lasts about 7 days now, while with the 5.40 it lasts 4/5 days, and I have no problem with bluetooth

• I was looking forward to this update but still the BT problems are there.

Why is Garmin ignoring this problem and still tell me (2 months now) that there is no problem.

Tested on:

Samsung 10e

Google Pixel 2

iphone 6

iphone 7

Now they are telling me that the Google en iphones arent supported and are to old. According to their own website the Google is supported.

Anyway, same problem on the Samsung 10e but still they ignore the problem and keep sending me once a month the standard pairing procedure as help. Realy annoying.

• i have an iphone X and i have no problem with bluetooth with my vivoactive 3 music made in 2019

• I'm also having such problems after updating to firmware 5.40. I'm also tried it with different Android phones and the result is the same.

And the problem 100% is in the firmware because when I do a downgreade to 5.13 everything works fine. 

• How do I downgrade my watch, because now it is almost unusable?