This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate and pace dependency

Is the heart rate somehow tied to the pace by software?

I usually do 30 mins. uphill walk on a treadmill at 15% incline, 5-6 km/h after weight lifting and recently I noticed, that the heart rate measurement on my VA3 often does not go higher than 90-100, even though my heart is racing and simply measuring it with my finger reveals it is around 150-170.

Tried stoping and restarting the treadmill activity, tried switching to a walking activity, changing watch position on wrist - still same - heart rate measurement won't go over 90-100.

BUT

One other thing i tried actually gets the measurement up in an instance and it's changing pace - if i reduce the incline on treadmill and increase the speed to start running - the measurement almost instantly goes up to 140-150. And it seems to stay that way and go higher if i go harder even if i stop running and get back to walking incline.

I only noticed this happening recently, had no problems with HR measurement before, it would steadily go 80 to 180 as i increased the incline and speed over the duration of 30 mins.

Has anyone experienced something like this on their garmin devices?