This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 music widget not working anymore

Hi All,

I've been using the watch to listen to music when I exercise for about 1.5 years, but recently the face of my Garmin music widget has changed, and it no longer functions.  Now it just displays the play, back, forward buttons, and then below it shows the "random play" icon and the ellipsis "... "  when I touch the ellipsis it goes to another screen  showing volume icon, repeat icon and the skip 30s forward/back icons all strangely aligned against the other edge of the screen. 

When I pair with my headphones, the watch searches, finds and pairs, but the "play" button won't start music.   BTW, the headset works just fine when paired to other devices.  I tried pairing the watch with a different headset, and it pairs, but the controls on the watch still won't play anything.

I know i have music on the watch, as I've had it there for a year and a half, and it shows up when connected to Garmin Express software and I can add/remove music. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the widget.  uninstalled and reinstalled the headset as well.  

I am on software version 5.40, and phone app is version 4.25.2.1

Any ideas?  thanks, tim

• You absolute star, thank you for posting this up! I was literally minutes away from a full factory reset to try and fix this - cheers kidder! Smiley

• Glad I could help! :-)

• Is this for Vivoactive 3 or Vivoactive 3 Music?

Also what do you mean by press and hold?, when I do it, it goes straight to the widget settings

• So we're dealing with the settings in the music app so I think, unless I am missing something, it only applies to the Vivoactive 3 Music.  On your other question, hold in the button on the right of the watch to bring up the little "ring of widgets" on the watch.  Select the music widget (the musical note).  Then when that comes up press and hold the screen (not the button) and then you will see the option for "music providers" (along with headphones, audio, reorder widget, and remove widget).  Select "Music Providers" and then follow my notes from above to fix this issue.  Hope this clarified things!

• Thank you so much for posting this tip.  Same issue happened yesterday night when I wanted to do a quick night run.  The "update downloads" runs (I think) each time I charge it into my laptop, it must have gotten hosed up the last time I charged.  Thanks again for taking the time to post this.  Saved me tons of aggravation!

• Thank you. You saved my day. I was this close to lose my mind over this. LOL.

Steps i followed were

1.   Navigate to the Music App
    2. Tap the screen and hold  
    3. Select Music providers
    4. Select MyMusic
    5. Select Songs
    6. All the synced songs should be displayed in there
  • Hello, thank you so much for this. This morning I had the same exact issue, just suddenly stopped working. Couldnt, listen to my music anymore because my phone needed to reauthenticate to spotify for some reason. 

• thank you! I just encountered this problem this mornng for the first time and I thought maybe my Garmin was broken. This fixed it right away!