Hello, I've been using Vivoactive for almost year now and generally it's good device and I garmin is cleary good in what they are doing. Problem is that I use it for general activity and health tracking and it doesn't seem to be that useful. Right now I am using it for tracking:
- general activity
- my strength training lessons(using built in workouts which are bit pain to use btw)
- my cardio sessions
- sleep a bit
There are few problems though:
1. I am not getting any useful insights anymore
- only insights I am getting these days is about length of my steps, or floor climbed streaks. This has little value to me.
- i would love to see some additional insights around my sleep, exercise or maybe weight
2. Sleep tracking information is tricky to use
- first of all I have to edit start sleep time, because sometime I lie in front of TV before moving to bed. I did set standard bed and wake up time in the settings.
- it's hard to compare different days on mobile app. If I want to compare different days to see some patterns I swipe back and forth between them
3. VO2max is useless
- this is biggest downer for me. I thought garmin won't be perfect but would be able to give me aproximate measurement with chest strap. I compared it with test I did in lab and the difference was 6ml/kg/min which put me in different category.
4. I don't understand stress measurement
- seems to be based on HRV, but that doesn't seem to be enough. I had literally life changing extremely negative thing happened to me, which stressed me out but it was barely noticed by garmin. The score for the day was pretty much average, but trust i was really stressed out.
Frankly I wouldn't buy garmin again unless I would be more serious about particular sport like running,cycling etc.
What am I missing?