This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

golf and satellite settings

The last 3 rounds of golf I played, the satellite picks up location but it never lists the courses i have on Connect to choose from to begin the round. This has worked all summer until now. Any suggestions?

• Maybe some understanding I have from the implementation might help to see what the issue is :

The problem is that you see different information if the watch is connected to the phone or not. So if you see the course at home, it might be gone on the course (disconnected from the phone) unless you downloaded it before (Thx Garmin, very confusing and it surprised me the first time). 

I also had trouble with multiple courses downloaded on the watch, it ony shows some of the downloaded courses. You can connect the watch to a PC and delete the course files. In explorer Go to "This PC\vívoactive 3 Music\Primary\GARMIN\GOLF" and delete them all, you can add them again with the GCM app, download them on the watch and it should work ok. You need to delete them all since I did not find a way to match the file to a course (Thx again Garmin, some nice filename perhaps to five a hint ;-)

The GCM app and the watch are sometimes out of sync. I think the maximum is 5 downloaded courses, after you add more it gets confused and shows something else than on the GCM app since there I can download a lot more. When you delete a course from the GCM app it will stay on the watch after you have downloaded it and that seems to cause the confusion after 5 downloads, so I always cleanup based on date to have the max of 5 on the watch (and keep my 2 home courses since they will have an earlier date). . 

Oh, to add to this wonderfull implementation, tt never uses the satellite position, it just displays the downloaded courses, so it shows my home course 700 Km away as an option, yeah, right, real practical.