This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Abnormal Heart Rate: Alarm for too low heart rate?

Hi, 

is there any way (e.g. with an app) to set an Alarm for a too low heart rate? I would like to have a notification or a vibration if my heart rate falls under ~50bpm during the day.

• No, and there is no reason to worry about a "too low" heart rate: it is not very common but some people do have resting heart rates <50bpm.

• The watch sometimes tells me my heart rate would drop from ~70 to <50 for example during a job meeting. I am not sure if that is correct, because it only happens once every couple of days and my resting hart rate at night is at around 56... Therefor I would like to have a notification if such a low heart rate is measured so I can check myself if my heart rate is that low or if the measurement is incorrect. (see photo photo attached)

• Main thing you do not snore at such a low pulse :). But vibration would be useful, if you will not fall off the chair.

• FYI - it is more common than you think. Mine slips in the mid to low 40's during the day time and even in the 30's at night.

While ii is true athletes and people who exercise regularly can have normally lower resting heart rate,  only a cardiologist can tell you there is no reason to worry. The other thing is unless you are using a chest strap or armband monitor, it may just be the watch giving a false reading. 

My guess is there is a very good chance you went to a cardiologist, they would put you on halter monitor for a few days and run some other test as well.

• If you spent any time reading the forum you would have seen there have been numerous complaints with the HR dropping out.

If it's only dropping out for a very short time, I'd be more worried than if it was showing a consistent low resting HR. I'm guessing you were not using an external monitor. Could be the watch/sensor/firmware and probably is. or it COULD BE YOUR HEART. It's up to you to confirm which it is.

• Narziss  get your facts right before you open your mouth r u trying to  kill someone what shocking bad adviceAstonished

I have a first degree heart blockage with bicuspid aortic valves.

how would you feel when your heart rate is only  20 beats per minute.

(No and there's no reason to worry about a too low heart rate)

You're a complete  imbecile plz  stop giving dangerous information better off keep that mouth shut and get off this website.

• A Bradycardia and  tachycardia Alarm would be a life saver to some people grate idea i hope garmin can add that to the connect app. Shouldnt be to hard.  low heart rate no movement Bradycardia  personalised minimum  heart rate settings for sleeping.

No movement rapid heart rate tachycardia.Personalised settings would be needed again. i can  feel fine with a heart rate of 30 but anything less than that can be dangerous  i can also have rapid heart rate increase for no reason at all just sitting  watching tv  now that dont feel good one sec 30 or 40 bpm then over 100 bpm and im on my ass.  don't really need an alarm for that one a feel like *** alarm or u just had a heart attack alarm lol

• Hi, you can find similar application on  Connect IQ on following link:
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/c14851dd-00cb-43c8-921d-6d1e5888eea0

• I’ve been under cardiac investigation as my usualRHR is 50-55, lowest 48-55 when I’m asleep. Started getting consistent prolonged readings of dropping into 30s low 40s - lowest was 36 - I was upright in bed and awake, had another episode whilst sat in car & felt really tired, and they wanted to check for AV heart lock which can happen for no reason - in and out of a& me with docs who had no clue that garmin are fairly accurate & wouldn’t listen (I checked mine against a hospital monitor it was out by 1 degree only - eg the hospital one said 55 the watch said 56) 

so I trusted in myself as the monitor readings were inaccurate for when the episodes were occurring. Still on an exercise ban so I don’t die on a run (I was only running 30min-1hr a week so am not an athlete remotely) 

heart block is dangerous & watch may be the way to identify it early - always get checked if something is repeated episodes - my gp nearly had a heart attack & demanded I go to a&e, wanted me to have an ambulance in case I suddenly dropped from heart failure - in my early 30s but it happens. 

heartblock is a real issue that gets missed - eg think of news stories about healthy people dropping dead from cardiac failure needing resus with a defib to bring them back, and unfortunately some don’t survive, because no one checks seemingly healthy people. Advocate for yourself