This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When are you going to fix the battery issue in for VA3 6.20? I'm now lucky if it lasts for 3 days!

Battery drain is at least 40% worse on this version of the firmware.   I used to get to 4 days and still have about 30% left, now I get to 3 days and have just 18% left.   When are you actually going to take notice and fix the issue you've created?  You could issue a "temporary" fix and allow us to use 6.10 (or even make a 6.30 version from 6.10).

• Mine has only lasted 7 hours today. Was at 100% at 5.45 this morning, now at 3%

• Mine has gone from roughly 18 hours to about 12 hours (100% --> 0%). It's extremely frustrating. 

• My battery drain on 6.20 is now about 5%/h which means that I have to charge twice a day. I have written in to garmin asia and was told to factory reset the watch, which did absolutely nothing. I was then told to bring it in for service check. I don't see the point of doing so when it's clearly a software issue. They said that there is no way to go back to 6.10.. Frustrating. 

• I guess it is specific per watch as I have an average (w/o any workout) of 0.4% per hour with 6.20.

• That implies different manufacturing variants of the VA3 - and if that's the case they should be testing on all variants.  There are enough comments on here to show it's a widespread problem - Just a shame that Garmin aren't responding and their support give the placebo "reset to factory" suggestion.

• Mine works for about ~5 days. Doing at least 1hour of running, every day.

It´s the model from day one, since it was released. Understandable, that it wont last the whole capacity.

At the beginning, it never got the promised 10 days, but 7. The official specs were reduced to 7 after a few weeks...

What annoys me: Fully charge it, 5 minutes later it got 95%. From then on, it seems to went down straight and reliable.

• Yes, lithium-polymer rechargables drop very fast from 100 to 90-85%. Thats normal.

In charging it takes also lot of time from 90% to 100% and it wears off  your rechargable a lot. So its an good idea to stop charging if you see it around 90% :)

• Have you had any success with Garmin? 

Mine drains at 2.5% per hour. So less than 2 days life.

I have reset, tried to reinstall software (Garmin's suggested solution) but no effect.

• I have the same exact problem with everyone here. My suggestion is to contact your local Garmin support, get them to raise a complaint ticket number. They will then ask you to ZIP the entire "GARMIN" folder from your watch and send it back to them for analysis/investigation.

I was told that Garmin doesn't monitor our complaints in the forum and having more people raising complaint ticket number via Garmin support is the only way to get this issue escalated quickly. 

Below is the example of the complaint ticket number that I raised. Latest feedback from Garmin is that they are still investigating and could be fixed in the next software update.  

• Thanks for the reply.

I’ve been in touch and hopefully will get a resolution.