This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swimming App

So the built in swimming app, on the Vivo 3, Can we increase the size of the fonts that track distance/time during intervals ? Why on earth the UI desinger decided to stick it down the bottom with such a small font need a lesson in wearing glasses.

Not everyone who uses this watch is 25 with 20/20 vision......

While we are on the subject of the swim app, it still does not record the best times.

• If you are using 4 data fields can you not move your preferred ones to the centre fields? Alternatively, if you don't need 4 fields reducing that will increase the size of the remaining fields.

Annoyingly the Vivoactive 3 does not support swimming records. No technical reason for this so assume this is so the higher premium watches stand out.
  • The VA3 only has basic swimming features, which includes:

- Lap swimming on laps between 17 and 300 meters each
    - Swimming style recognition
    - Calories burned (estimated, as no HR can be measured)

What VA3 doesn't provide:
    - HR tracking while swimming with HRM swim
    - OW swimming (with GPS)
    - Swimming trainings
    - Swimming records

When you want to get all the swimming features, you have to buy a better watch (forerunner 935, fenix 5+ etc.).

Concerning the little font: You can either switch to 2-line, then the fields will be greater. Otherwise you can check the app connect iq shop, maybe you'll find a swimming app which providers bigger fonts.
  • Yes, i understand most of the limitations of the watch, but not tracking records is such a basic feature.....

Idiots guide on how to switch to 2 line fields ?

• - Select Swimming app/activity
    - Select Settings
    - Tap Data Screens
    - Select Layout
    - Scroll to the 2-field layout and select it

Unlike other watches, you have to use the same layout for every screen, which may not be a problem in your case.

Here's a vid with VA3:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prngRHu13as
  • There's only one data screen for swimming on the va3, and you don't have screens like HR, as HR is disabled for swimming. The touch screen is also disabled once you start if I recall (until you press the button - which you don't want do under water.)
  • Is there any way to NOT save a swim?  I think the Activities other than Swim give you the option to Delete or Save (And I believe the older Vivos' also had that option.

• Hi,

I cant understand why it does not recognize swimming styles in Garmin Connect does not show my Butterfly workout.

Also how can i change pool size to 15m because 17 is the smallest i can get.

Thanks