This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Do not disturb and backlight gesture

Is it me or the backlight gesture doesn't work when Do Not Disturb mode is on?

How am I supposed to know the time when I wake up in the middle of the night? Touching the screen only??

Do not disturb should only work for Smart Notifications. The gesture should work 24/7.

This is really annoying...
  • agreed. did you find a solution to this? seems pretty basic ..surprised garmin would ignore this. returning my instinct over this.

• The other way of looking at this is that when do not disturb is on, you don't want the watch lighting up when you move your wrist. Seems fairly reasonable to me, but I guess you could want it to work either way.

• Right now I have Do Not Disturb disabled and I still can't get the backlight feature to work through Gesture in the middle of the night. When I move the watch face towards my face when I'm in bed nothing happens. I used FitBit previously and for its lack of features this sure did work very well with the device. Can't say the same about Garmin that costs way more than Fitbit. You would think since their watches are more mature in terms of tech they would have something so basic figured out. But by the number of posts on this topic on this forum, it seems like an outstanding issue.

• Maybe it's something that's governed by the sleep time settings rather than do not disturb?

• I don't have anything entered for that either.