+! for me too. Seems like an issue with the latest software update. All of my Connect IQ downloaded watch faces show as "IQ!" in the watch face selection menu and won't work. If I deinstall…
Thanks! Rebooting worked for me as well but still hope that Garmin people will pick this topic up --> having to reboot your watch every now and then is not really normal...
Just power of and switch back on again
I've tried many, many widgets and watchfaces and the behaviour is consistent across all FW versions (I'm now on 7.2): widgets which query a GPS update crash third - party watchfaces. Widgets which either don't use location at all, have user-settable coordinates or use last position, don't cause any problems. It's as far I can tell 100% consistent.
Sounds like it might be specific to the watch face you're using. In the app store there is a "Contact Developer" link for each app, and you can use that to let the developer know.
Also, you want to make sure you're running the latest firmware on the watch as there is a known issue with older FW and apps built recently.
Make sure you are running the latest FW on the devices. There a problem with the app store when it allows installing CIQ apps on devices without the proper firmware.
If things get stuck, hold the button for about 20 seconds, and the watch should power down on it's own.
After many test runs and lots of lost sleep, I've come to the following conclusions:
1. The crashes are caused by widgets querying GPS data.
2. Not only watch faces are affected, also third party apps become unusable. This is a show stopper for me.
3. The solution: widgets which have that option in settings should be set to predefined locations, or to last GPS position. In the latter case make sure you have a fresh GPS lock, either by starting an activity which uses GPS or use 'check time with GPS' in the settings - I have it in my quick control menu.
4. I think de main culprits in the reported crashes here are the weather widget or the sun/moon widget by Garmin, which can't be set to a predefined position. Just remember to have a fresh GPS lock before you use them and all will be well.
5. I've saved myself a lot of money by not having to buy a different Garmin ;)
Please try this and let me know your experience.