Watch faces from connect IQ not working

Hey,

Is anybody having any issues with watch faces downloaded from connect IQ not working since the update last week? was working fine then my watch updated and any downloaded face I have just gives an error icon in the watch face selection screen.

• I have had this issue for some time and have found out what causes it (for me, anyway).

I tried all sorts of fixes and this is what I have managed to pin point as the culprit:

Prerequisites:

Must have an IQ watch face installed.

Must have at least two  'device apps' installed (I had barcode and temp)

To cause the IQ! Error to show, simply cycle through the apps quickly. The side scroll makes this easier but it can be done using the watch face as well.

Rebooting the watch is the only thing I have found to bring the IQ faces back.

• Try uninstalling any widgets which query GPS. The non-IQ weather for instance. I have lots of IQ apps installed, several IQ  watchfaces and only get crashes when one of them (METAR Legacy) is accidentally set to 'update position'  rather than 'go to home aerodrome'. I love sideswipe, and I often scroll furiously (I have lots and lots of widgets) without ever having a problem other than the one I mentioned. 

• Hi Bernard, should have mentioned! I don't have any GPS apps installed. Only barcode wallet and my battery and it still does it. If I uninstall one of them, it no longer does it. 

• It's not GPS apps, just the widgets, which cause problems. Maybe you have the Garmin weather widget installed? That always caused crashes.

• I don't have any GPS widgets installed either. I just read my original post again and I should have used the word widgets instead of apps. If I have 2 widgets installed (doesn't matter which ones) then I can get IQ to crash 100% of the time by scrolling really fast for a few seconds. Looks like it is a memory addressing issue like a previous post said and for you, GPS widgets cause it but for me scrolling widgets quickly causes it. Hopefully Garmin can sort it out or enable the option of disabling the side scroll, which would help a lot in my case.

• Interesting! I have no issues whatsoever with scrolling, I have lots of widgets and use sideswipe all the time, I very much like it. Yes, it's a memory addressing issue for sure, caused by different behaviours in widgets apparently.

Edit: I just did a very rapid scroll through the widgets, and for the first time I had a crash.

• I'm rebooting my watch upto 6 times a day at the moment, I have the latest updates installed and it makes no difference.  Trid different IQ watch faces and get the same result.  I like the watch, but this is tedious, may have to go back to a fitbit if there is not a solution soon!

1. Thank goodness for Google pointing me to this thread and the reboot worked, thanks :-)
  • Only had the watch 24hrs and fed up with it already. Why would a brand new watch not allow you to download new watch faces. I have nothing else installed it's as delivered and been I've tried restoring and rebooting numerous times, but I just get the IQ! logo. Tried to download the software update from Garmin Express and it said there was insufficient room on the device, surely that's not right? I've tried contacting Garmin but no response as yet. The way things are going I'll be returning this for a refund. 

• I have to turn off and on each day or it happens daily.  Very annoying.