This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin, please care more about Asian users!

I used to have a Vivosmart 3 and desparately waited for new firmware update while users in US-UK had it 6 months before. This time is with a Vivoactive 3, how long I have to wait for 5.0, also REM sleep function, Garmin Pay? Do not take a grant on Asia, Garmin. we have to pay a much higher price and what we get is terrible. Considering changing to Xiaomi Huami Amazefit, 1/3 cheaper than any Garmin's competitors, more function. Disappointed!
  • i have asian version but mine came with international firmware... i get firmware updates basically just a few hours after its announced here.

mine is from the pre-order batch before release... so perhaps after that garmin decided to replace the international firmware with asian.
  • Yes, the problem of HR broadcast still exists even in FW 3.6.
  • I used to have a Vivosmart 3 and desparately waited for new firmware update while users in US-UK had it 6 months before. This time is with a Vivoactive 3, how long I have to wait for 5.0, also REM sleep function, Garmin Pay? Do not take a grant on Asia, Garmin. we have to pay a much higher price and what we get is terrible. Considering changing to Xiaomi Huami Amazefit, 1/3 cheaper than any Garmin's competitors, more function. Disappointed!

This now makes sense, as I am also in Asia!! Very very sad to read. Are there any Garmin admins here???
  • Asian fellows, please keep this post up everyday, so the Admin could see it.
  • This is generally a user to user forum, and if you want to have Garmin see it, contact Garmin Support, or send Garmin a suggestion.
    https://www8.garmin.com/contactUs/ideas/

But I will say, the delay for firmware on APAC devices is the same across Garmin products. APAC devices have a different part number, and in some, I believe there are also some other HW differences. Adapting for this as well as the different languages on APAC devices will take some time. For devices like the Fenix 5 family, the beta FW they release excludes APAC devices too.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    This has nothing to do with Garmin neglecting their Asian consumers. As jim_m_58 already pointed out, APAC devices have more complex software versions. This is mainly due to different languages and characters needed on APAC devices. It makes no sense to work on FW updates for both ROW and APAC devices at the same time without knowing if the update will be successful. If there's a problem, twice the amount of time and resources would have been wasted. Because software in ROW devices is less complex, it makes sense to work on that version first, release it and if successful, start on APAC devices. Because we're not Garmin engineers and don't have access to proprietary software information, we really can't say if 6 months is an unreasonable amount of time for the APAC update.
  • I have asian VA3 stuck on V7.70 experiencing battery drain. Any help ? ROW watches are on 8.2