This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Random Restarts?

For the past two days I have noticed my Vivoactive 3 randomly restarts itself. As far as I know, it only happens once a day and I've verified that I'm running the latest firmware.

I do wear my watch on the inside of my wrist and could be pressing the button accidentally, but that wouldn't power down the watch.

Anyone else having this happen?
  • Being a new user, I experimented a lot with Connect IQ. After I loaded a watch face mine went into the endless reboot. During one restart it stayed long enough for me to select the default watch face and stopped the "circle boot". Obviously I totally removed that watch face from storage. If you can, try to remove anything you've downloaded and see if it still reboots. Just a thought.

Thanks for the tip. Only have one watch face installed and these resets are so random that it would be tough to nail down.
    Sent Garmin a bunch of files for them to research but have yet to hear if they did any good.
  • If Garmin is still monitoring this discussion (not holding my breath), after updating to firmware 3.3 the random resets are still occurring. While they still happen at random intervals and not every day, one new twist has come into play. Instead of one power cycle now I get two. The VA3 resets and about a second later, it resets a second time.

While this is a little frustrating, I still like the watch. Hopefully, Garmin will get its head out of the ground and actually provide some support for their products. The concept of the VA3 and other products is fantastic but the software support really drags these products down.
  • Make sure you report this through Garmin support, as in general, this is a user-to-user forum.
  • Garmin has support? :)

Someone from Garmin chimed in on this discussion some time ago. Was hoping they'd check back in.
  • This is actually a user-to-user forum, and to report stuff, use the link, or it might not get noticed.
  • Everytime I set an alarm using Garmin connect mobile, the watch resets.
  • Just received my Vivoactive 3 yesterday and it has restarted randomly multiple times. Each time I lose over 1,200 steps and all other data accumulated since the last sync with my phone. This is kind of defeating the purpose of this purchase for me. Perhaps I should have just spent the extra $100 for an Apple Watch...

• It is very frustrating when my Vivoactive 3 randomly restarts and I lose data, steps, activity.  Am going to contact support and see what they recommend, will uninstall watch faces, and continue to read through some of these blogs.  I.like the watch but hate losing data.

• Mine restarts constantly. It does it when I'm looking through the watch and during workouts. Today it restarted during my run and stopped 1.18 miles in and wouldn't pick up my pace. I don't know if this typically happens after several years of having it. I think I bought it in 2019.