This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Random Restarts?

For the past two days I have noticed my Vivoactive 3 randomly restarts itself. As far as I know, it only happens once a day and I've verified that I'm running the latest firmware.

I do wear my watch on the inside of my wrist and could be pressing the button accidentally, but that wouldn't power down the watch.

Anyone else having this happen?
  • Mine has been doing this as well. Charged to 100% last night, an hour later it restarted and the battery was down to 82%.
  • Coppertop004 and RunERB Please contact our Product Support teams for help with this. We will be able to gather logs and your Garmin folders which will aid us in escalating this issue.
  • Coppertop004 and RunERB Please contact our Product Support teams for help with this. We will be able to gather logs and your Garmin folders which will aid us in escalating this issue.

I appreciate the offer to help identify the issue causing the random resets, but you need to follow through with that offer.
    Emailed you two days ago and have yet to get a response on how to send you the data.
    I would have hoped Garmin had gotten better with their customer service, but maybe they haven't.
    One reset a day isn't the end of the world and if I never hear back from Garmin-Blake, I won't lose any sleep.
  • Coppertop004 Our Support Team has responded to your email, addressing both the wait time and what information we need from you. Thank you for your patience and assistance.
  • Coppertop004 Our Support Team has responded to your email, addressing both the wait time and what information we need from you. Thank you for your patience and assistance.

First batch of files sent. Just let me know if you need anything different.
  • Mine was doing this for a while, but then it suddenly stopped.

I don't mind helping by sending these files and I don't expect to be updated daily on efforts to fix this issue.
    I do think it is reasonable to receive and acknowledgement that the files were delivered.
    Also wouldn't hurt to get answers to the questions that accompanied the files.

It's been two days and no response.
    You guys in Customer Support need to understand the importance of communications.
    It helps retain customers and confidence in the products your peddle.

• Bad day yesterday.
    Four resets with one back to back occurrence.

They really have been more sporadic, happening every few days and only once a day.
    Yesterday just felt like the watch was catching up with all the days it didn't restart.

Hadn't heard anything back from Garmin or seen any updates pushing through.
    Just hope they haven't given up on finding a solution.
    Still a great watch.
  • Being a new user, I experimented a lot with Connect IQ. After I loaded a watch face mine went into the endless reboot. During one restart it stayed long enough for me to select the default watch face and stopped the "circle boot". Obviously I totally removed that watch face from storage. If you can, try to remove anything you've downloaded and see if it still reboots. Just a thought.