This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backlight settings suggestion

As the Vivoactive 3 does not have a physical button for backlight, I really miss there some backlight settings (for better comfort and battery save). I think, following settings could be very helpull for a lot of people:

- activating of automatic backlight only after sunset (as in Fenix 3 f.e.)
- activating of backlight only by double tap on screen or double press of button.
- activating of backlight by double tap on screen or side swipe while watch are locked.

Is there somebody who has similar request/idea? I didnt find it in forum. Thanks.
  • My list of wishes would be as follows
    - Garmin should fix the problem with the full brightness during the activity - brightness level setting is ignored at the moment
    - There should be an option to disable backlight when the watch is locked. When I run during cold/wet weather the backlight is often invoked accidentally without need. Optionally as you mentioned the light could be activated by double screen tap/button press.
    - Always on light option would be great in case of some activities (e.g. indoor cycling). It would be perfect to have separate backlight settings per activity but the additional global option would work as well.
  • both very interesting! the current management of the backlighting is very bad, we hope they will fix it as soon as possible.
  • i just want the backlight to go off when 'do not disturb' is active...or at least disable the touch screen when it is locked...so it doesnt keep turning on when ur sleeping.
  • Yes, one thing the Fitbit does right. Put it in sleep mode and the touch screen is disabled as is the gesture. The only way to see the light is to push the button.

Simple.

• This is exactly what I want to see