This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery loss from 100% to 95%

Hello does anyone else have the same issue?

i am noticing that every time i charge up to 100% in about 1hour it drains 4 -5% and then settles.

then its ok but i can not understand this behavior, i try it with a brick charger and a usb on pc same results.
  • There is another topic regarding this...here is what i posted there.
    ??????my experience with battery life after first week, i wanna say it seem that the actually battery % readings are off itself. Battery lasted 4.5 days with 3 GPS activity(about 6h worth) and couple of gym 1h stints. Brightness at 30% and i keep autolock on and no sideswype. However i fully recharged the battery to 100%..took it off and 2h later it was 88% ( i though really?) went to sleep wake up 87% whole day passed(bout 10000 steps) and 12h later at 82% gone to gym when i connected HRM strap did 5k run, 20min on row machine and some free weights. When i get home the battery is at 79%! so it took 9% on busy day but now 24 later its at 67% so 12% on rest day when i virtually did nothing! this is too much inconsistency regarding the battery readings, i think its just not showing the real charge at all...so i ignore it
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Yes. Mine does the same. Drops to 95-96% within an hour or two and settles. The battery widget I have installed will show .5-.6% per hr average after the first 24hrs, so all is well.
  • When I charge my watch, it jumps from 95% to 100% after having incremented1% at a time. If I unplug it at that point, it will say 95% or so shortly after. However, if I let it charge an extra 10-15 min after it says 100%, it discharges steadily as expected. So try charging it slightly longer.
  • thanks for the answers, actually if i did what andy275 said its ok but its kind of annoying
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    I've always given my VA3 that "extra charge" after it reaches 100% and I still get the quick drain to 95-96%. It settles down after that and I'm getting good battery life overall.
  • yes but if you plug it again after the quick drain till 100% then its ok, there is no quick drain. try it and let me know
  • it's been this way with other Garmin watches as well... you have to leave it on the charger for a few minutes after it hits 100%

if you're still having issues even after doing that, then perform the soft reset while still connected to the charger (hold down the power button until the screen goes black; power back on)
  • it's been this way with other Garmin watches as well... you have to leave it on the charger for a few minutes after it hits 100%

if you're still having issues even after doing that, then perform the soft reset while still connected to the charger (hold down the power button until the screen goes black; power back on)

i disagree,i had the Fenix 3HR and when u unplugged the device it would say 100% and then just go slowly down as it should. With V3 its goes down 10-12% in few hours before it settles,thats why i think it doesnt really shows the real charge.
  • i tried again today, i left it for about 40 minutes longer after showed 100%

it just lost 1% fast and then it was ok
  • i disagree,i had the Fenix 3HR and when u unplugged the device it would say 100% and then just go slowly down as it should. With V3 its goes down 10-12% in few hours before it settles,thats why i think it doesnt really shows the real charge.

I'd advise not jumping to conclusions; I didn't say all devices behave this way. Also, what do you think a battery gauge is? It's a software algorithm that displays a best estimation of battery level. It's generally pretty accurate, but it's not perfect.

my VA3 doesnt drop more than a percent once off the charger and it solely depends on letting it charge properly.