This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2 max stopped being updated

VO2 max stopped being updated on pie graph on the connect app and mobile app.
First few weeks VO2 max was updating properly on the graph (immediately after the walk) and pie graph below. But from 18/11 it is being updated only on graph. On pie it stays same from 18/11 and not updated any more. Checked on web app and it is same.
Anybody else has VO2 max stuck on pie graph? (attached screenshot from mobile app) ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1281809.png
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    SNAP!!! Pie chart not updated since 15th Nov despite graph values changing since then.
  • No, it still works. But It does not constantly gets updated. Mine changed yesterday from 47 to 48. 2 weeks before, otherwise from 48 to 47.

Reasons could be:
    • Intended because VO2max did not changed since last activity
    • Indented by a special Garmin Connect feature (Bug)
    • Intended by a special VA3 feature (Bug)
    • Optical HR measurement is so bad, that it does not produce reliable data to work with

VO2max is a thing, which is not really changing a lot. And its significance is also questionable.
    Described here (Where exactly the same "issue" is reported).

EDIT:
    I'll examine some of my reasons. The report shows several entries with the same value in a row. If I see it right, it changes every monday!
    Really! Completely independent from activities, the value changes every monday, since I got my VA3.
    When I go back to 2015, where Garmin accidental enabled the feature for VA 1, it also has a 7 day rhythm.

And to my lazy self, I got 52 then :rolleyes:
  • The Monday update theory is off, on my GCM it says last updated Nov 30 which was last Thursday. It should only chance when your watch detects a new value, either higher or lower.

I can't really say whether this is VA3 or GCM related because I use an FR735 in addition to the VA3 but both watches are showing the same value right now. I'm just starting to ramp my mileage back up and will be doing most runs with the 735 it is more likely to show a higher Vo2Max soon and I can make a judgement then.
  • Mine updated today, first time since 24/11, but the value did change, perhaps it is the case it only updates on a change.
  • The Monday update theory is off, on my GCM it says last updated Nov 30 which was last Thursday.

It is definitely updated only on mondays in my calendar. It may vary on other accounts, but that's how it is :)
    Maybe every 7 days, beginning on your first synchronization? ;)

" />">
    " />">
  • Herr isn't that because you're in a 4 week view instead of a daily view?
  • Nope, I got in detail and it shows the exact days.
  • Mine updated mine the first time I ran on the treadmill with my foot pod (I thought you needed to be with gps but it scored it). I ran a 3 miles at 10min pace. It gave me a 42. I have since ran outside 4 miles at a 730 pace and it did not change. Then I ran a 5k at 657 pace and still no update. Not really sure I think it’s working.
  • First 3-5 times the pie graph was updating immediately after walking, after that it stopped updating. But the line graph is still being updated after each walk session. And its is over 2 weeks when the pie graph was updated.
  • Im having problems with the VO2/Fitness age on the VA3 does it require using the wrist based heart rate? I always run with a Chest Strap (Garmin) but it doesnt seem to change