This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rash or Irritation happening on my wrist by the vivoactive 3

I've notified Garmin support on this already (haven't heard back yet). Am wondering what effective ways to prevent this? I've tried switching wrists (rash is now on both wrists)...washing the watch (and drying it). Taking it off periodically. I love the watch and features...but don't like this rash that is happening! Seems to be isolated to over the sensors (and/or the power cord plug in). Attached are some photos. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1278623.jpg ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1278624.jpg
  • i had a minor rash once, after wearing it for 24/7.
    nothing as bad as on my former VAHR.
    looks like ur also wearing it a little too tight?

side note - how much longer will this image verification go on before getting to post normally? not to mention other issues which are still existing.
    for a tech company, the ppl running this forum seem to be quite incompetent.
  • Are you wearing the watch tight? (try loosening it a bit) Have you tried wiping down the back of the watch with rubbing alcohol to make sure there's nothing from the manufacturing process that may irritate your skin?
  • Any chance it could be nickel in the metal? A lot of people have that sensitivity.
  • If it's where the sensors are wouldn't that be a photosensitivity issue and not a chemical reaction to the metal?

Have you ever worn a device with OHR sensors on it before?
  • I had something similar but it subsided reasonably quickly as my skin adjusted. Over at wish.com they sell little rubber bungs to cover the power port on the back of the watch, may be worthwhile buying a couple (they're pennies) and see if it helps.

In my case it was me adjusting to the silicone after the leather strap of my Gear S2 - Perhaps buying a leather replacement strap may help. Some people find silicone a little abrasive
  • side note - how much longer will this image verification go on before getting to post normally? not to mention other issues which are still existing.
    for a tech company, the ppl running this forum seem to be quite incompetent.

The image verification was in place for a couple of years as spam had taken over the forum. Then it was taken away at first when the forum was upgraded. Within a very short time this place was hit with all sorts of spam again so it was reimplemented.
  • Thanks all! I have adjusted to wearing it more loosely and am switching wrists every day (wear it on one wrist all day and the other at night while sleeping). I also never shower with it and wipe it down after exercise or if it gets wet. The rash has now gone down noticeably. It's not completely gone - but now down to a more manageable state. I hate switching wrists like that PITA..so I don't have the final solution. I'm currently going to see if I can cover the back (except the sensors) with a breathable foam like material to see if that works
  • Try a barrier cream like bepantham or curash around your wrist where the watch goes. When I had a fitbit surge ( before my VAHR) I got a rash from it and someone on the forum suggested the cream, it worked & I only had to use it for a few days. Good luck!
  • Bepantham is a solution, really helps, also I use a thing called Carrier Oils, it's not really expensive but totally natural and reduces the itching, also recovers damaged skin
  • Hi! Not sure you'll get this because it was written a long time ago, bit I just got the vivioactiv 3 and I have the exact same rash!

How did this turn out for you? Trying to decide if I should return it. 

Thanks!