This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is the Venu waterproof?

I swim for cardio. Can I wear my Venu to keep track of my heart rate?

• Venu have built in Swim activity, for what it is you think?
    I’m not Venu user, and I don’t know is Venu able to track your heart rate during swimming, you need to check it in manual.

• Yes. I rarely swim, but I recall the swimming activity worked quite well, and I vaguely remember that during swimming the Venu enables a different heart rate monitoring mode that works under water as well. Maybe someone who swims more can give you more details.

• I swim quite regularly with mine, and it works really well. Don't know about a different heart rate monitoring mode when in the water, but I can vouch for the fact that it works as I would expect it to. 

Just be wary of altering stroke mid-length as it sometimes detects that as a new length of the pool and thus over-reading the distance/number of lengths swum. Maintain a consistent stroke down the whole length and it is rock-solid. 

• Absolutely!  Lap swimming is my primary fitness activity.  The Venu is perfect for capturing swimming data during your workout.  What the Venu does not do is to determine the stroke type.  Heart rate as with any wrist device is approximate.  So take it with a "grain of salt" as opposed to precise accuracy.  If you want accuracy you should invest into a heart monitor that is water proof that you wear while swimming.   I swim 1800Meters at a time and my heart rate averages between 155-165bpm.  My peak heart rate is typically between 170-180bpm.  I swim freestyle and side-stroke alternating between each every length.  I do not have any issue capturing that activity accurately. It would be nice to have the charts differentiate the stroke change as opposed to doing so via the time difference between free and side (free is obviously faster than side).