This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Do you love your Venu? Considering it over a Va4s

Just a question on this forum for all you Venu owners do you love it? I’m about to buy my first smart watch. Mainly for fitness and health tracking. ( don’t really care that i can’t reply to sms off my iPhone) it’s more for steps and exercise and sleep etc. I usually wear an analogue watch so it would be a good step up to track things and not have to carry my phone on walks and runs. The venu screen looks beautiful and bright in all the reviews and when they put them side by side to the Va4 it makes it look so dull and boring. Is the Va4 really that much darker? I want to be able to read the watch when indoor and outdoor without having to constantly press a backlight button 

im torn between the vivoactive 4s or the venu. I know it’s exactly the same except for the type of screen and battery life.  Being female the looks of it is a bit important and I have a small wrist. My current analogue is 38mm diameter but happy to go slightly bigger I jus hope it doesn’t impede on movement and function. My wrist circumference is 150cm. 
I’m torn whether to spend the extra for the beautiful screen. I don’t mind if it’s not on an “always on” mode to be honest.  Just want honest feedback from those of you who have it whether you are happy with it or are noticing issues with it now 6 months on. I am curious as it’s their first attempt at AMOLED display have they done it right.

• I love that watchface in the first couple of pics. What is it?

• I have both the Venu and the 4 (not the 4s). I really love the size of the 4 on my wrist--but the screen and the weight of the Venu is great. I tend to swap back and forth between them, but I'm inside more than I am outside (even for workouts) so the Venu suits that a little bit better. My recommendation would be along those lines--if you do lots of outside workouts, the 4s may suit you better as the screen really looks nice in bright daylight. However, if you're doing more indoor stuff, that MIP screen kinda washes out, and the Venu's is awesome. Not sure about the battery life on the 4s, but while my Venu doesn't last as long as my 4, it's perfectly fine, even when I use the always-on display.

Regarding 3rd-party 20mm straps for the Venu--what others have posted is true. Straps tend to come loose easily. I finally found a strap that would stay in place.

• Yea, it is a great one!  It is called VerticalSpace by bine8x8

• I got my venu and love it already. I downloaded the vertical pace watch face but it doesn’t look like this and I have no idea how to adjust the colours 

• Lo primero es pedir disculpas ya que tengo un vivoactive 4 negro  y me cuelo habitualmente en este foro

inicialmente queria un venu , me gustaba mas , pero al final me decidi por el vivo por 2 cosas , primero por que cuando hago una actividad sobre todo al aire libre la pantalla se ve fantásticamente de forma natural , sin consumir mas energía por ello , el segundo motivo es por la autonomia , dura algo mas, sobre todo teniendo en cuenta que tengo siempre encendida la pantalla , como es normal por el tipo que lleva , y no baja de 5 dias completos , eso para mi es importante , tener siempre la hora sin hacer el giro con esta autonomia

Por contra , aunque se ve muy bien la pantalla , repito muy bien , en situaciones con poca luz con hace falta usar la retroiluminacion y en esas condiciones la pantalla se ve triste y con poca calidad , aunque solo en esas condiciones

Espero haber ayudado, la verdad es que es muy dificil saber que modelo es el que uno necesita

Saludos

• Actually I finally figured out

its taken me hours to set this venu up to what I want but first impressions are I love it

its so comfortable on my wrist. The silicone band is super comfortable too much better than I expected. Now I just have to learn to use this watch  

• Double check the name of the watch face you got - there is one called "VerticalPace" and also one called "VerticalSpace".  VerticalSpace is the one I used.

• Completely unhappy with the venu as a 'sports watch'. It is a decent smart watch. Specifically, the HR tracking is wildly inaccurate. Dangerously so. 

• I must say I’ve had it for two weeks now and completely love it. I don’t think you can rely on any sort of watch for heart rate tracking for medical reasons unless you’re wearing a better sensor. So for me if it is inaccurate I haven’t noticed or really cared to be honest. When I work out I connect my Hr monitor to it for accuracy. That’s the only time I really care about my heart rate anyway. It’s Great for what I needed from it. If only battery life was longer but I don’t mind charging it every 5 days or so