This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS not connecting with Venu.

If this has been asked I am sorry.

I believe ever since my last Garmin OS update when using the walk app (or the Hike2 app) the Venu does not connect to the GPS or when it finally does it is halfway through my activity.  The GPS always used to connect almost immediately.  The gps tracking is almost useless if it won't connect and track my hike or walk.

Is there a problem with the last update and these apps.  I updated the OS about 2 weeks ago.

• The same happens to me. At the beginning, just after I bought it, the GPS connection worked perfectly. Now all of a sudden it takes ages! I do think that I have the newest GPS version though. On my Venu it says 4.50. Did anyone manage to solve this issue? It really is annoying!

• Hi the same issue on myside. GPS versione 4.50 and SW version 5.10. CPE= "current". The issue has been openend moving to GPS version 4.20 on. Garming plese speed up fixing

• Had the same problem.. Did all kinds of reseting and starting from zero. It only worked out when I fully reseted and as I started the watch, syncronized it right away with my phone, even before setting gender and all that stuff. Working ok for the last 2 months. Hope works out for you

• Thank you to everyone on this thread. Same story here, another bewildered Garmin Venu user whose GPS suddenly stopped working. The CPE = "expired" problem was the culprit here, too, but there was one twist in fixing it:

Synchronising with my watch did not work. I had to check for software updates from the Venu itself (connected to WiFi) and once those were installed CPE showed "current" and all is good again.

Is this a known Garmin Venu bug? I am glad I googled and found this thread!

• I’m having the same issue! My CPE says expired, however I’ve synced the watch and also checked on the watch itself for a software update, to which it says there isn’t any!

so frustrating! 

• Was this ever resolved? I don't see any feedback from Garmin. I keep experiencing this and in places I've been before. My CPE = Current.

+

• I hope someone posts an update on here, I have not checked myself for a while.

I have put a reminder in the diary to check the CPE once a week which is a pretty sad workaround given that this watch was not exactly cheap. It works - I still get this error about once a month - but my next watch is unlikely to be a Garmin.

• I had to reset it several times. It worked out when I updated the venu and synch with the cellphone. So far it’s working fine