This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to play music without headphones?

Hello everyone!

I just received my first Garmin product yesterday:  A Venu!

I was wondering if I can play music without headphones.

When I first configured the watch with music, I would hit the PLAY button from the music widget, and the watch would prompt:  Connect Headphones?

I would select the RED X, hoping that music would just play through the built in watch speaker, but it would not.  The screen would just revert back to the music widget.

Once I paired headphones with the watch, music would play as expected though the headphones.

If then the headphones were powered off and I attempted to play music again through the music widget, the watch would continuously search for the headphones, and not eventually timeout and play music.

Would it be possible to:

WITHOUT HEADPHONES PAIRED TO THE WATCH - Select the RED X from the Connect Headphones prompt in the music widget, and have music play through the watch speaker?

--AND--

WITH HEADPHONES PAIRED TO THE WATCH BUT NOT CONNECTED - Have the watch attempt to connect to the headphones for a set period (10 seconds?), and if no connectivity is established with the configured headphones, play music through the watch speaker.