This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

REQUESTS for Software Devs - Features we would like to see in the next SW Update (s)

Former Member
Former Member

So far I've been okay with the Venu, but I think we're missing opportunities. I've contacted support concerning the Auto Brightness not turning off and from what I was told (and posted) they are looking to fix it. Whether they do or not isn't up for discussion in this forum but I will put it on the list. What I'd like to put out there is and area about what features you would LIKE to see that you see on other watches out there.  If this is an active watch trying to be a smart watch, let's help out the process. I'm coming from the Samsung Galaxy Active series so here are some features I miss.

• Auto-brightness fix
  • A less clunky interface - there are lags going between screens and sometimes hard pauses where the watch almost forgets what it's doing
  • Font opportunities, the stock font looks like it in from an old watch, this is a $400 watch with a great resolution it should look cleaner.
  • Ability to place a hand over the watch face and turn off the display say after text message
  • Check into why the watch randomly says "connected" even when it's connected, happens sometimes 3-4 times in a short amount of time, and it's doing nothing but chewing through battery.

AAaand go.

• I really like the hand over watch face to turn it off idea, if the hardware can do it.  That's one of the main things that I miss from my Ionic.

• To write that here is useless. Garmin dosent care about the forum. Buy it on amazon and im able to give it back up to end of january. And at the moment? I will do. Im wearing a huawei watch gt active on the right, and the Venu on the left.
    I see only one massive thing huawei dosent have: The Webfrontend.

After a day the steps are realy nearby. 200 more from one device. no matter.
    The GPS sensor is pretty much similiar to tha huawei. I wlka around in the town. One watch right, the other left. See atachment. The garmin jumping around, the huawei smooth out the track (the blue spike is no normal behavior). Both of them are beside the street and track the points to slow....the garmin appears not like a 350€ device, at the Huawei it dosent care. 120€.....the caloris caclkulation are similiar.
    Sleep data are differnt. But this is owed by the software logik who evaluate the data. They are diffent and that absolut OK. Garmin will never care about naps. Huawei can track every nap realy perfect.
    Tha barometer? Looks good. Near the real data here.
    The "height"? Im tracked 430m over Zero if i use a watchface who can show this. That 300m to much.

- SPOx on Demand

• No, it's not useless.  I like talking about the possibilities, even if nobody from Garmin ever sees it.

• These forums are primarily user-to-user and if you want to make a suggestion to Garmin, use this link:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to jim_m_58

Thanks! I think those go into a queue and they might look at it, this way there is a forum where we can direct devs to go look. I will start suggesting all of the above as well to the link.

• A non stuttering like hell Watchfaceswtcher will be nice. 
    Its near unusable. Swipe 3.6 times right or left and you see the next Watchface what comes stuttering like hell on the display. 

• fully agree with that, i like to stop screen with my hand on screen.

i would like also to can lock the screen on during a while (i did it on my ionic),

i had a fonction for keep on the screen, for exemple can see the second for paramedics!!!

• 28 days after the last update. Looks like garmin think its device is good enough. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Hexxer

I got a mini update, but I think it was formthe daylight savings.

• This is was Garmin calles a track. Walking to a supermarket in town. On the "lower" site of the street one way und back. Looks like im drunk? And "Yes", i wear a jacket.