This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

my venu sq won't turn on even when fully charged

after it has been charged all day my venu sq wont turn on and i have tried holding down the top button for a few minutes and it only brought up a light screen but it does not have any faces.

please help me

• I’d contact support and start a chat or phone call at support.garmin.com

• In the case you are able to turn off your watch, try this steps to hard reset the watch.

It works for Venu2, but maybe for Venu Sq too.

Arrow right Venu2 - Hard reset - 2 buttons method

• Actually when Garmin talks about doing a “hard reset”, they just have you hold down the A button for 10 seconds until the watch is forced off, then pressing A button to turn it back on.  So basically it just clears the memory, like a re-boot.

That article is handy to keep for a factory reset in the event you can’t get to the menu system.  Even if you can get to the menu system their factory reset doesn’t roll back the firmware, it stays current.  Do you know if doing it this way rolls back the firmware?

• Actually when Garmin talks about doing a “hard reset”, they just have you hold down the A button for 10 seconds until the watch is forced off, then pressing A button to turn it back on.  So basically it just clears the memory, like a re-boot.

Yes, I know. But reboot is just reboot... It doesn't bring the watch to factory state. So it's wrong terminology by the Garmin.

That article is handy to keep for a factory reset in the event you can’t get to the menu system.

Exactly. That's why I hope it can help to fix OP issue.

Do you know if doing it this way rolls back the firmware?

No, the firmware is not rolled back. I did it on my V2 after firmware update from 8.11 to 9.17 and after the hard reset it stays on 9.17

I think thanks to the hard reset after firmware update my watch is able to run 3 days instead of 2 (before the hard reset) on single full charge with AOD on.

"2 buttons hard reset method" is probably the same as "Delete data and Reset settings" on the watch System menu.

• Puede elegir una de las mejores plataformas de aprendizaje en línea para las empresas disponibles, las plataformas de aprendizaje electrónico son la plataforma para la enseñanza y la capacitación. Plataformas de Aprendizaje Virtual para Negocios