This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone Disconnected messages even when bluetooth is connected since version 3.6

My watch updated to version 3.6 last week and I continually am getting Phone Disconnected messages even though BT shows it is on and that my Venu SQ is connected to my iPhone 8.  I also am not getting updated notifications from the phone while this is happening.  Doing a hard reset seems to temporarily fix it but not for long.  Turning blue tooth on and off on either the phone or the watch does not fix it.  I have tried resetting both just settings and also data to no avail.  Also when I tap on a message on the watch, it doesn’t open up so I can’t read it.

is there a way to rollback to the prior version of SW until this is resolved?  Resetting only resets the watch and data but doesn’t reset the firmware level.

• My IOS version is 15.4.1.

If I tap bluetooth off on my phone and then back on several seconds later.  My watch will say “phone disconnected” when I turn it off and when I turn it back on it briefly says “phone connected” then immediately says “phone disconnected”.

• The only thing that is fixing this issue is to turn the phone off and back on and then I get notifications until I get out of BT range.  When I’m back in range I again get “phone connected” immediately followed by “phone disconnected”.

Am I the only one having this issue?

IOS v15.5 (updated this week), Connect ver 4.55.0.30 (updated this week).

This was never a problem until ver 3.6 on the watch.

• Yes, I have the same problem with my Huawei Nova 5t. I got randomly in a range of 5+ seconds notifications about the phone being connected/disconnected. Even if my phone is near me.

• Is everyone still getting this issue? If not, maybe we can congregate in this more recent thread and get Garmin's attention?

forums.garmin.com/.../

• I changed my phone to clean android (Nothing phone one) and now everything is working as expected.