This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu sq does not recognize some fonts, I can not read notifications.

Venu sq does not recognize some fonts, I can not read notifications. is there any solution?

• Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
    4. What language are the characters that you cannot read?
  • Almost same issue: notifications show Latin/Russian symbols, but no Georgian. Probably the font has no characters added. I just can't believe that in 2021 the encoding there is not Unicode. So the probably problem must be solvable. 

Other then that and a bit laggy screen scrolling (which is not a common use for this type of device) the watch is super nice!

My registered issue: forums.garmin.com/.../feature-suggestion-add-georgian-characters-in-notifications

• Writing as a reply to you in this issue, because I've the same problem:

1. Sure

2. Yes in case it is connected to the issue on the watch.

3. Georgia, Tbilisi.

4. Georgian in my case (en.wikipedia.org/.../Georgian_scripts). 

Also as I've noticed: there are interface lags in case the message is in "unrecognized" characters (Georgian in my case). Also there are less lags in case I use stock watchface.

• Hello .  You are correct.  Currently, Georgian characters are not supported.  To submit a feature request for this, please use the link below:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

This is no guarantee of implementation, but, after you submit the request, we will notify you via email if this feature is eventually released.

• Thank you, I will submit the request, but another thing: the entire device should not lag because of unsupported characters. It should render the squares - OK, but the interface should not freeze when you get the notification with unsupported characters or try to scroll from main screen. Can you mark this UX suggestion? 

• Hello, I have the same issue. I am Vietnamese